Votes: 16 13.0%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 60 48.8%

• Total voters

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a quick poll from people on intellitxt. Right now the advanced plan has a text link. I'd like to get your opinion on having intellitxt instead of that text link on the page. Please only vote in the poll if you are on the advanced plan.

Agree if you want to change to intellitxt, disagree if you do not.

-Corey

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
What's an intellitxt??
A text that changes??? I mean, now it's always the FileVIP "FREE FILE SHARING" text... Intellitxt is text that changes???

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Intellitxt is what you see on the forum here, it picks 3 to 4 words on the page and underlines them as links.

-Corey

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Oh...
I currently don't have Advanced, but i used to have my account in that plan.
It's really the same, because the link really doesn't bother, it's small and you can put it were you want. I think that you should do what's better for x10hosting.

Torch

Reaction score
In my opinion, I'm strongly against anything that resembles forced ad (pop-up/under) or interupts with site looks.
But if it'll help x10, than I'm 100% up for it.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think it's really a forced ad (pop-up/under)...
I didn't really knew that those things were kind of ADS till some minutes ago :D
I think that they don't bother at all, and neither does the text link, as it's small and you can place it where ever you want.
As i've alredy said and what i agree with you is that what has to be done, is what is the best for the host. (Sorry my bad english :p)

Good Luck,
fedlerner

alvaroag

Reaction score
strongly disagree. i think intellitxt somehow hinders navigation.... i really dislike, when i put the cursor over a word, a kind of pop-up appears and doesn't lets me read what is behind.

lambada

Reaction score
hmmm... i'm on advanced and i'm undecided.

I know it always double underlines words insteads of single underline, but is there any way to control the colour of the link appearing for style purposes?

karhukat

Reaction score
I have the static plan and didn't vote as requested. However, I do have the advanced ads on my site pages. I think I would probably take them out if you switch to intellitxt. I just don't like them.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not popup or anything, it's just a Text Link.

Cubeform

Reaction score
Alejandro said:
It's not popup or anything, it's just a Text Link.

...That pops up with an ad.
IntelliTXT is annoying. I hate whenever I idle my mouse cursor over something and an IntelliTXT ad just pops up!

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
But it's not really a popup, it just appears when you place the mouse over it and disappears when the mouse is out... Its more like a message.

alvaroag

Reaction score
but sometimes you accidentally move the cursor over the link and that "message" appears and doesn't lets you see what you really want to see.

M.Shimizu

Reaction score
I think it's not so bad. You could put it for testing purpose and then decide what it'll be the official ads.

HyDr@

Reaction score
100% Strongly disagree, I would rather have the fat 468x60 compare with the retarded links every 5 words.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Well x10hosting have been providing excellent service, even though after reading the entire of this post, I still do not understand the term "intellitext" but then I guess its can be accepted as long as it does not affect the user website and x10hosting ads.

Thanks to all team crew of X10hosting for making the hosting a legend.