Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Disagree

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 60 48.8%

• Total voters

trinsic

Reaction score
Let us pick which one we want to use instead of just one?

Last edited:

mohamed

Reaction score
well i really HATE intellitext and disagree and like most people here like the banners even better but if it's gonna be better for x10hosting then go for it

its ur choice

thanks anyways for taking our opinnions :)

Chris Z

Reaction score
i'm not sure if intellitext makes you more money than the yahoo ads, but from the looks of this, if intellitext does make more money, maybe you could make corporate accounts do those and have the yahoo ads for advanced, just a suggestion thuogh

t2t2t

Reaction score
Strongly Disagree - I don't like it and most users don't like it. (its realy disturbing)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's comments. I think we might try this for a 3 day test period. If there are many issues or it doesn't make atleast 3X more than normal ads we'll switch back. If we end up staying with it, I'll try to work out a plan to maybe pick different ad types.

-Corey

jaint

Reaction score
actually it's not the same, basically the single link is a static link that you can place anywhere.
The intellitxt link will automatically choose key text in your site and make it into a link - so you may write the following:

Currently it would look like this:
Hi, I'm a Monkey and I like to shop at ebay for bananas. I generally buy them for $1.20, but sometimes I can get a full bushel for this amount.

Free File Hosting[/QUOTE]

What it will look like with intellitext:
Hi, I'm a Monkey and I like to shop at ebay for bananas. I generally buy them for $1.20, but sometimes I can get a full bushel for this amount.

Notice that with intellitext, certains words become links - and this means that users can mistakenly think that you put these words as links, when in reality they are converted via the advertising. When you hover your mouse over such links you get a little box that shows the ad text for the link. It's very annoying, and I generally use a little script I wrote to clean these pages of such code (while viewing), this kind of advertising generally annoys users and may result in them not coming back..so it's a bit iffy.

Earth KING

Reaction score
I think it messes up the page. It is very distracting. Yahoo! Ads are probably the best of all...no animation, no slow load(like Google) just plain ads. (And money for you) (And points for us)

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
yahia said:
Hi everyone.
I will have to say I strongly disagree with placing Intelli(retardi?)TXT on our advanced plan's webpages.
The main reason for me isn't only because they are annoying, but because the source code will probably get bloated by javascript or whatever, to show some that stuff.
What about websites in french or spanish?...

It isn't just about, "moving the mouse" if it annoys me. No. It's about the code. It will be messed up.

Like some said, the text link takes you to an x10 service, while intelliTXT won't. No?

Anyway, if IntelliTXT are made in our advanced plan, I'll have to move to the corporate one, cause -- like most of you have pointed out -- BANNERS are much better.

Thanks Corey for letting us give our opinions. Now it is left for you to decide.
Cheers!
The code would not change at ALL. The code is gonna be the same so no modfications would have to be done.

yahia

Reaction score
Alejandro said:
The code would not change at ALL. The code is gonna be the same so no modfications would have to be done.
Then the code problem won't be anymore..
ok!

jaint

Reaction score
they need to make money I guess.

But I came up with a pretty good idea, basically sell advertising on the sites - but sell it as a link exchange. I mean many SEO or webmasters would pay money to get their link on several sites - so that they can have a higher google pagerank because sites are linking to them. So basically you randomize a set of links on advanced users page - thereby users get to have less clutteredads on their site, and webmasters get their link shown on several 100 sites meaning they get an increased googlerank this way.

Theotherside

Reaction score
I think for this you have to look at the pros and cons. Do people actually click them? I know I don't, I never have and probably never will. This may just be me, but I don't see the purpose. Its the type of thing that even though less than once percent of people click on pop ups, they must be working or they're wouldn't be the hoards we see today. So, my personal opinion, I'd say no, but once again, thats just me.
-The Other Side

mike16889

Reaction score
i have an idea for a new format for the ads on advanced:

untitledce7.jpg

(the yahoo equivalent)

then there a bit more obvious and not annoying...