Akismet.com connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The key below was previously validated but a connection to akismet.com can not be established at this time. Please check your server configuration.

I saw another thread as well about the issue, so I went to check how it was on my blogs, and connection can't be made, the key is valid, as you can see it's recognized as previously validated, so the issue is connecting.

It did work when I last looked previously to seeing the issue reported, wich probably was only a few days ago, a week tops.

And I know it's not an issue of akismet (unless akismet blocks x10 for some reason) because on my local testinstall it works just fine.

Scott

Reaction score
Hey LadyAnna,

I've mentioned this to the administrators. It should be taken care of soon.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:) good good, I'm all happy as long as it is looked into and hopefully resolved in a fairly near future

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to bug you and open up a closed thread, but I figured it might be better option then creating a new...

Any news on this? I still have the same problem, and while it does stop spam that is previously know, I can not submit new spam to the akismet database.

I've looked around and found that there's some kind of PEAR bug, and possibly problems with http 1.1 requests, have anything related to this been changed on your servers or is it something else causing it?

PS. I've asked at Akismet.com in case someone has used a x10 server for spam, causing them to be blocked their end, no answer yet (wasn't that long ago I sent the question).

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is not yet resolved, I still have the same error in wordpress.
I got a reply from Akismet support, x10 is NOT blocked their end, the issue is most likely "our" end.

The reply I got:
Hi,

You are not blocked from accessing Akismet. I suspect it is a hosting problem because of the actual message.

Are they able to look into it?

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I've bumped the Admin Attention thread in the Staff Forums, and I'll move this to Level 2 Support.

*Moved*

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that the Akismet part is not the only thing that fails...

The feeds, with development information, that usually are on the dashboard (admin interface) of wordpress also fails to load, no plugins are marked for update (usually they are marked to be updated when there's a new version out)

I tried installing the latest beta as a test (separate install) and there's no difference at all

To be able to see those problems you need to be logged in, if needed I'm happy to provide details to do so, but only in pm :)

btw, my cpanel is ladyanna, I'm as far as I know on advanced php configuration

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Please PM me the details and a link to where I can see the problem. Please also add on the PM a link to this thread.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Update on this: My account has been moved to the new location and this is no longer an issue, connection to Akismet now works. :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, that seem like a logical step to take, should the issue come back for some reason I'll start a new one :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.