Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Ciroc has been updated to 5.0 already.

9svn6

Reaction score
Hey I was just reading all of the different posts about the Mysql Upgrade and none of them really say when the upgrade will be finished. I think one of them from the 1st said the next day which would have been yesterday so I just wanted to ask when are databases will be back?

Thank You,
Brian

nscnet

Reaction score
Wait this makes no sense, so your saying your going to put all MySQL and eventually the email server stuff onto one server with ~300GB Space? Also so when that server gets overloaded(Will more then likely, MySQL is a HUGE resource hog and thousands of sites MySQL on it) it will go down, every single sites/servers MySQL will be down, unaccessible along with email. Also I am thinking, you know how fast that server will fill up with databases, email and all that stuff? You will probably wish you would have never done it and just used it as another server for more hosts itself. But hey thats just my 2 cents ;)

9svn6

Reaction score
I just noticed that my databases seem to be back but the httpd is down but i'm sure it will work when it's back up :)

hbeaver

Reaction score
That my be true, but I don't see why the change to 5.0 would require me to put single quotes around some fields that didn't previously need it. I would rather not have to go through my entire site and put single quotes in the queries that shouldn't be needed. Any ideas?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure, the only thing we changed is 4.1 => 5.0 . So if all of a sudden there was a MySQL issue my guess would be that it was the upgrade.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Wait this makes no sense, so your saying your going to put all MySQL and eventually the email server stuff onto one server with ~300GB Space? Also so when that server gets overloaded(Will more then likely, MySQL is a HUGE resource hog and thousands of sites MySQL on it) it will go down, every single sites/servers MySQL will be down, unaccessible along with email. Also I am thinking, you know how fast that server will fill up with databases, email and all that stuff? You will probably wish you would have never done it and just used it as another server for more hosts itself. But hey thats just my 2 cents ;)

Right now, the partition the SQL databases are stored on is only 10 gigs on each server; so 300 gigs of space is more then enough!

Also, just because MySQL goes down doesn't mean exim would go down!

skillzdatkillz

Reaction score
Earlier I was getting a MYSQL error, after doing as I was told and changing the MYSQL thing in my cPanel and changing my MYSQL database name for my forums, I can't connect to my site www.skillzgaming.com..Is this the reason why?

kajasweb

Reaction score
What is the MySQL Server address? I like to use it in my scripts for faster connection.

Last edited:

007bond

Prime Account
Reaction score
Would this upgrade from MySQL v4.1 to v5.0 break any phpBB2 forums?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It shouldn't break anything, as MySQL is backwards compatible with older database types I believe. If it's being moved to an older version of MySQL than the forum was installed on though, then the database may not work. Otherwise, it should be fine, just remember to back up if you hear anything about MySQL :)

007bond

Prime Account
Reaction score
Cool :)
The only problem is, the MySQL Database is already offline, meaning I can't get into the admin panel to make a backup :p
I'll just have to keep trying and trying

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
MySQL actually isn't offline, it's just having problems right now. Corey and the staff have a support ticket up at the datacenter, so things should be getting fixed soon. Keep an eye out for announcements on the servers/MySQL so that you know when you should be able to back up and use MySQL again.

joseph0829

Reaction score
hope this server will run today! i badly needed to update my wordpress.

CFAlpha

Reaction score
So, is the MySQL online, and my forums are broken, or is it still offline?

demonspit77

Reaction score
My wiki wasn't worknig so I switched localhost to "mysql.x10hosting.com" and also went into my Remote Database Access Hosts add another remote host to it and wikimedia was worknig but now apprently everything is down again. I changed back to local host in config but apparently wiki can't read the new MYSQl 5.0 =P so eerrr not sure what's going on with that =P error is below

Code:
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A database error has occurred
Query:  SELECT  *  FROM `user`  WHERE user_id = '1'  LIMIT 1  
Function: User::loadFromDatabase
Error: 1033 Table './spaceman_mmorpg/user' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read (mysql.x10hosting.com)
' in /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php:824
Stack trace:
#0 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php(779): Database->reportQueryError('Table './spacem...', 1033, ' SELECT * FRO...', 'User::loadFromD...', false)
#1 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php(1224): Database->query(' SELECT  *  FRO...', 'User::loadFromD...')
#2 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php(1243): Database->select('user', '*', Array, 'User::loadFromD...', Array)
#3 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(759): Database->selectRow('user', '*', Array, 'User::loadFromD...')
#4 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(204): User->loadFromDatabase()
#5 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(712): User->loadFromId()
#6 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(173): User->loadFromSession()
#7 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(1629): User->load()
#8 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(1604): User->getEffectiveGroups()
#9 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/User.php(1760): User->getRights()
#10 [internal function]: User->isAllowed('read')
#11 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/StubObject.php(32): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#12 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/StubObject.php(122): StubObject->_call('isAllowed', Array)
#13 [internal function]: StubUser->__call('isAllowed', Array)
#14 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Title.php(1269): StubUser->isAllowed('read')
#15 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Wiki.php(133): Title->userCanRead()
#16 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Wiki.php(43): MediaWiki->preliminaryChecks(Object(Title), Object(StubObject), Object(WebRequest))
#17 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/index.php(89): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(StubObject), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#18 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'DBUnexpectedError' with message 'Error in fetchObject(): Table './spaceman_mmorpg/page' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read (mysql.x10hosting.com)' in /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php:953
Stack trace:
#0 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/MessageCache.php(314): Database->fetchObject(false)
#1 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/MessageCache.php(251): MessageCache->loadFromDB()
#2 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/MessageCache.php(441): MessageCache->load()
#3 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(467): MessageCache->get('databaseerror', true, false)
#4 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(421): wfMsgGetKey('databaseerror', true, false, true)
#5 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(23): wfMsgReal('databaseerror', Array)
#6 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Database.php(276): MWException->msg('databaseerror', 'Database error')
#7 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(125): DBQueryError->getPageTitle()
#8 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(88): MWException->htmlHeader()
#9 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(111): MWException->reportHTML()
#10 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(191): MWException->report()
#11 /home/spaceman/public_html/wiki11/includes/Exception.php(225): wfReportException(Object(DBQueryError))
#12 [internal function]: wfExceptionHandler(Object(DBQueryError))
#13 {main}

Edit: Now MySql is up but apprently to many conenction are conneting

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading. read below =P

(Can't contact the database server: Too many connections (mysql.x10hosting.com))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.