annoying ads!

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
is x10 now putting up pop up ads in with the banners?

ive got a stupid little pop up ad right in the middle of my damn page, and the "x" to close it has no background so you cant see it

is this x10's doing witht he ads required or is it in a code i have from somthing else?

furtoosh

Reaction score
If you mean when signing in the Cpanel, it appears to me, too. I just clicked away and it's gone. These ads are there to keep the service free, I believe.

Hadouken

Reaction score
Its only there when logging into the cPanel as furtoosh said.
On your site its nothing.

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
no these ads are on my actual webpage not my cpanel

and its infuriating ebcause they appear over the text and the close button has no outline or background so it obstructs the text

Chris73

Reaction score
Are you talking about the "payperpost" ad? That isn't one of x10's. I am not sure where you got that. Did you get that template from somewhere?

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
well if it isnt x10 then its in my codes, no i made the template but ive put little things up on the site such as the poll and i have an unlinked test page with stuffs, ill take a look!
Edit:
nope, i dont see anything in the coding anywhere, im not fluent in html so maybey i missed it, i dunno, but does it need to be in my coding to be on there? because i dont think its actually anything to do with me

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That ad is definitely not from us.

I see in your code something about 'snappoll' or something similar being included. it might be from that.

Chris73

Reaction score
Do me a favor and post the code in the code tags and i or another member of the forums might see the problem.

Flashgear

Reaction score
I also do get these ads when ever the word hosting is posted on my forum - it underlines as green and an ad box pops up.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I also do get these ads when ever the word hosting is posted on my forum - it underlines as green and an ad box pops up.

Green and underlined?

Sounds like Intellitext to me. Dunno if X10 uses it or not (no offense to X10, but that's been in my noscript blacklist since I found out about it, more cause it's annoying as hell).

Sure sounds like Intellitext though.

Flashgear

Reaction score

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score

Flashgear

Reaction score
In the loading bar i did see intellitext - i didn't notice it - it went kinda fast aswell.

It was something x10hosting.us.intellitext

CrownVictoriaCop

Reaction score
Vibrant ad appears on my site too, but disappears after temporarily removing the x10 code (For the record, I Put it back)