Any Long Term Bad Karma for Resource Limit Hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

posidyn

Reaction score
Dear X10Hosting

Is there any long term bad karma that can happen to my account if I repeatedly hit the resource limit?

I do not mind the no access to the website for a while, but would it lead to a permanent suspension or other bad things?

The reason I ask is, I recently ran a competition on my website. I did not realise that it would attract so many people that the resource limit was hit. The competition completed ok and now the resource usage is back to normal. Just need to know whether I can run these kinds of competitions again.

I do think X10Hosting is a great free hosting service and so far everything has been top notch. I also have nothing against the temporary suspension for resource limit hit. I just hope that it will not lead to something worse.

Thank you X10Hosting.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Dear X10Hosting

Is there any long term bad karma that can happen to my account if I repeatedly hit the resource limit?

I do not mind the no access to the website for a while, but would it lead to a permanent suspension or other bad things?

The reason I ask is, I recently ran a competition on my website. I did not realise that it would attract so many people that the resource limit was hit. The competition completed ok and now the resource usage is back to normal. Just need to know whether I can run these kinds of competitions again.

I do think X10Hosting is a great free hosting service and so far everything has been top notch. I also have nothing against the temporary suspension for resource limit hit. I just hope that it will not lead to something worse.

Thank you X10Hosting.
No, there should be no ill effects from hitting the resource limit multiple times, although if you seem to be obviously abusing server resources we may fully suspend your account until we have a chance to discuss what options are available with you.

@mraz, that post is quite old, and no longer describes our resource monitoring system in its current iteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.