Apache SpamAssassin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungarma2

Reaction score
Hi,

I am receiving quite a lot of spam in my hosting's mailbox... I've set up some Apache SpamAssassin rules and seem to work, but it's quite difficult to keep up with rules to block every spam message.

Apache SpamAssassin is enabled, and I would like the system to automatically detect and assign a spam score for each received email. Considering what cPanel says about this system ("Apache SpamAssassin™ is a mail filter that identifies spam. It is an intelligent email filter that uses a diverse range of tests to identify unsolicited bulk email, more commonly known as spam. These tests examine email headers and content to classify email with advanced statistical methods.") I am guessing that SpamAssassin can automatically detect spam by adding headers to the received emails:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=
X-Spam-Score:
X-Spam-Bar:
X-Ham-Report:
X-Spam-Flag: NO​

The problem is that SpamAssassin is not detecting spam emails, because these spam headers are empty and with no score, as you can see below:

spam_email.png

Could it be that automatic detection is disabled by you guys or that the system needs an update?

Also, it would be nice if DKIM (Email Authentication in cPanel) that is described as "DKIM allows your server to verify incoming email and prevent incoming spam messages. This feature ensures that incoming messages are unmodified and are genuinely from the indicated sender." would be functional, because it's enabled for me but the detection isn't working... I am receiving e-mails from domains that do not even exist.

Thanks in advance.

ungarma2

Reaction score
Bump. @Anna can you do something about it? I am sure I am not the only one receiving spam, and I thing that this matter affects everyone using x10Hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.