API 503 backend fetch failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sageapix

Reaction score
Hello!

Here's the link to my API: http://sageapi.x10.bz/

I have encountered some problems when using this hosting service. One of the main problems I have right now is: I have an API for a project that I wanted to test but I can't seem to get it to work. I have developed a REST API in PHP that uses Slim 3 framework, I have set it up properly including the database and whatnot.

However, when I try to use Fiddler or API debuggers like Insomnia I can't seem to get it to work. I have the correct request parameters and headers set but I always seem to get a 503 backend fetch failed. PHP error logging and error displaying are enabled but I don't get any error logs or messages. The strange part is that this API works perfectly in a local environment with the exact same request headers and parameters.

I have checked the support and searched like crazy on the internet to see if anyone has the same issue as me, but nothing was found. On x10hosting's official page about status codes it is stated that you only get a 503 status code if:

• Your script might have failed to respond to your request within 30 seconds.
  • The web server might be temporarily having issues.
The latter seems to be more reasonable because the API debuggers say that it only takes around 200ms to make a request.

I have tried pretty much everything but nothing seems to work, I cannot even debug my API because the request never gets sent properly and is interrupted by the 503 status code. There is also another weird behavior I noticed, I only get the 503 status code when sending a POST request, when I send a GET request I get a response with an empty body with the 200 OK status code.

There was also an early stage of this API where the same issue occurred randomly. I personally do not think the problem is in the code or the API itself because as stated earlier this API works normally in a local environment.

Something worth mentioning is that this API uses several algorithms (AES256 and RSA) to encrypt and decrypt data that is being sent and received. Could someone explain why the request isn't being made and I get a 503 status code?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

sobakix2

Reaction score
looking at your api one thing comes to mind is a black cat in the dark room: completely obscure api that returns an empty response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 0

to any get, post, put or delete request.

but since you use a framework that requires installation: did you install it locally first, then uploaded everything including dependencies to the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.