Ask Answers

renovatio_2143

Reaction score
I have a new site and its like yahoo answers except that you can ask and answer questions anonymously/without having to login. Give it a try and tell me what you think. Thanks

Ask?Answers!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The no-login part might work well for the questions, but the one thing that existing Q&A sites (StackExchange, Quora, Yahoo! Answers) have demonstrated is that you get greater participation and higher-quality answers when there are reputations or other "game stats" associated with the answers. The idea of anonymous posting will probably work well for questions (nobody wants to look like an idiot), but there should at least be an option to log in to answer. And optional login (or the ability for a logged-in user to post anonymously when necessary) may generate answers to questions that otherwise might be a little bit delicate or revealing.

renovatio_2143

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Yes the site also allows users to login/connect with their facebook, twitter, google, linkedin, or yahoo IDs. When a user is logged in they can rate answers, or receive ratings (stars) and choose the best answer to their question.

eggo9432

Reaction score
The site is extremely visually appealing, which is very important. It also functions quite well too. I would suggest adding images lazy load to your site, however, as the many images slightly reduce load time, which is very crucial in a successful site. Good work so far. Also, if you have time, please review my site, -REDACTED-, and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Please open your own site review thread, don't try to commandeer other threads ~ SierraAR

Last edited by a moderator:

jensen

Reaction score
That's a really great looking site. You must be good at programming. The layout is easy to follow. The navigation is simple and uncluttered.
Having and allowing logins with social networks like fb and so on encourages people to participate.

How long have you been making websites?