ASP Support

Chris Z

Reaction score
no offense but i very much dislike ASP scripts since the programming language was developed by MS, and btw, what can you do in ASP that you can't do in PHP or HTML?

__z|x__

Reaction score
haha I knew you would say that. I was astonished too when I found it. The menu systems used there are much better looking than the ones used in vBulletin or IPB.

PS: iPortalX is totally not related with Invision Power Board. It is a standalone Portal + Forum System.

Last edited:

randomize

Reaction score
I would be glad if they supported ASP as well, it would give me a chance to develop my ASP Coding skills!

Chris Z

Reaction score
well go right ahead and get an Office Live Domain lol, i really hate that system because there is no FTP and the default pages are coded in ASPX

bdude

Reaction score
I don't think they will because x10 use linux servers which are incompatible with ASP, I think there might be a apache module available, but it probably won't work with the servers. And there are some nice (free) PHP-based portals like Drupal or Joomla.

TarinC

Reaction score
dont expect to see this, because:
-asp only works on windows os, x10hosting is using linux.
-cpanel does not work on windows.
-its not easy to change os, especially when there are >1000 accounts on the server.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can get 5 people to PM me saying they'll use ASP I'll try out the apache module ;)

-Corey

kryptonyte

Reaction score
TarinC said:
dont expect to see this, because:
-asp only works on windows os, x10hosting is using linux.
-cpanel does not work on windows.
-its not easy to change os, especially when there are >1000 accounts on the server.

There are modules for Apache to allow the usage of ASP pages on linux servers. The development for Cpanel on Windows servers is getting really close. It is currently in a private beta testing stage.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd like to try some ASP Scripts, but the only thing is that if you use mod_asp, isn't that going to be the perl version of ASP???

__z|x__

Reaction score
I'm not sure how they're going to do it.

But whats the harm in trying??....

kryptonyte

Reaction score
I say go for it. Never really messed with ASP much but who knows maybe I'll learn to love it more than PHP.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
ya because you can migrate asp scripts to work with perl

__z|x__

Reaction score
Ok, Corey said that to enable ASP, he needs to receive a PM from 5 members saying that they want it. So, who all are willing to PM him?