ATI vs. nVidia

ATI vs. nVidia, what do you use?

• Total voters

NewFuture

Reaction score
Neuromancer said:
I ended up sticking with ATI also... I tried upgrading from a radeon 7000 64MB AGP to a NVidoa FX5200 128MB AGP card about 4 years ago... it was so bad I ended up sticking with my radeon

Last year I picked up a 9600SE (thinking SE meant it was BETTER doh!!)

Next card will probably be the new budget card the x300 or more likely the sapphire x550

what does the SE stand for?

N

Nathan

ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 128mb in laptop.
ATi Radeon X850 XT PE 256mb in desktop.

Matthews255

Reaction score
ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 128mb in laptop same as you. Works fine for me.

nVidia is just not as good as ATi.

Eagle

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
Neuromancer said:
I ended up sticking with ATI also... I tried upgrading from a radeon 7000 64MB AGP to a NVidoa FX5200 128MB AGP card about 4 years ago... it was so bad I ended up sticking with my radeon

Last year I picked up a 9600SE (thinking SE meant it was BETTER doh!!)

Next card will probably be the new budget card the x300 or more likely the sapphire x550

what does the SE stand for?

i think it stands for special edition

Richard

Reaction score
What ever it means I've got a Radeon 9200 SE and it does the job. Unlike the n'vidia cards that don't allow linux to have the drivers :ermm: .

I have yet to get an nvidia card woking on a Linux box, but then again I only have access to a Riva TNT 2

NewFuture

Reaction score
i like ati, my system (my own computer) has that, and mi other pc what my sister uses has nvidia i like both, leaning to ati though, as long as it lets me perform my needs like gaming, graphics ect

Cbxu_

Reaction score
I'm stuck on nVidia, though,, i dunno which type i buyed XD

N

Nathan

The only reason people like nVidia is for SLI. SLI IS LIKE A KID ON RITALIN! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FANBOY HEADS!