Best CMS?

Which is the best CMS?

• Total voters

IncarcerationX

Reaction score
So, I'm looking forward to starting a free hosting account soon! So I'll start this thread early and see which CMS system yall think is the most reliable, user firendly one. If you pick other please specify which one! Thanks :roflwerd:

~IX

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
PHP-Fusion has the best design and its layout is quite customisable. The only let down is that it is not that simple to insert the ad code.

Cynical

Reaction score
I haven't used a CMS to manage an entire site before, though I have messed around with Joomla a bit and it seems to be very easy to use but powerful at the same time.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i really like VirtuaNews, too bad it costs soo much, if it was free i would definitely have it on my site!

Torch

Reaction score
Drupal, if you have some knowledge of PHP and HTML (because it's most cleanly written and flexible of them all). Even if you don't, it's awesome.

Last edited:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Either Joomla or Mambo. Actually, they're almost the same, it's just that Joomla is newer.

jensen

Reaction score
I would go with Joomla too. But tinkering with the code needs some knowledge of coding but the forum support is quite good. Just search and you will most probably find what you want or need. Else just post and the members may respond.

javaguy78

Reaction score
I use a CMS called GuntherPHP (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gunther) but the original author hasn't updated the software since Feb 05. I have made some major changes to the software, but it still works pretty well... I prefer it.

Gunther runs on Flat Files, but I am working on adding a MySQL Backend to the app to steer away from the flat file aspect, but without a doubt, it seems to be a good system.

Equiflux

Reaction score
PHP Nuke is okay, but considering that e107 is still in it's beta stages and that it already pwns very much... e107 is supreme!!!!!

NuDaNdO

Reaction score
Till Joomla 1.5. The best CMS is Drupal.

(WordPress for blog oriented sites)