Best Free Web Design Programs

ryoko126

Reaction score
I am a novice in Web Designing and I can't make tables or <div> that looks like tables on Notepad or whatever. Is there a free program that can help me design a decent site and help me code the basic tables?
What I mean for the basic tables is like getting the tables to sit where I want them to and still expand at the bottom when more text is added. I would think that similar topics would be in here, but I didn't see any in my search.

sk1tL1L

Reaction score
There is a program called "NVU" take a google search. Its made by Mozilla.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Hm, interesting. I'm going to try out the two suggestions listed above later xD

I've been looking for something like this.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You could try Kompozer, it is a stable version of NVU.

Agenator

Reaction score
or you could try and learn how to do the stuff by simply editing a previously made css template to your liking (as I did with wordpress templates)... THis is an effective way to learn the basics of css... If you use this w/ a reference source such as w3 schools or a hard copy book, then you should be able to figure out what does what and then later implementate that in your own site. I know this is a lot of work and probably the worst way to learn something but it sure beats reading a really long book, as you will see results of what your looking for really quickly. W/e though its just my 2 cents. ;P

reichiru

Reaction score
Or you could do what I did and learn everything from tutorials and checking out other people's websites. There's lots of good tutorials out there, just Google them.

ryoko126

Reaction score
or you could try and learn how to do the stuff by simply editing a previously made css template to your liking (as I did with wordpress templates)... THis is an effective way to learn the basics of css... If you use this w/ a reference source such as w3 schools or a hard copy book, then you should be able to figure out what does what and then later implementate that in your own site. I know this is a lot of work and probably the worst way to learn something but it sure beats reading a really long book, as you will see results of what your looking for really quickly. W/e though its just my 2 cents. ;P

I did just exactly that with my current web design. It still looks crappy but it's the best I can do by myself.