Best Way To Promote/Sell My Android APP???

scottw

Reaction score
Ive worked long and hard making my APP - http://GooglePlay.AtlantaFilmCrew.Com
and it has been available about a week or so, but so far, no downloads/installs.

I only yesterday upgraded my website so mobile visitors with an android have
a chance to buy it. As for apple and other mobile users, they should be given
a chance to download a version for their device or see a mobile version of
the website. Since I dont have a iPhone, Id appreciate it if anyone with such
a device could let me know how it is working out.

So, Ive twittered it, linkedin it, sent emails, and refuse to make a facebook page for it, what
else can I do to promote my ANDROID APP??

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you can start by un-refusing to build a Facebook page. And think about G+. Your app is, well, niche. Its appeal would be extremely limited outside of the Atlanta area, and even in the area it's something that would only make immediate sense to people whose interests run deeper than what they can get on local television and newspapers — folks with some connection (or hope thereof) to the industry and hard-core celeb spotters who use Android devices. (That's not an overall assessment of the app, I'm just saying that those will be your "early adopters".)

The thing is that if you don't get this under the right noses, it'll go unnoticed. If you do get it under the right noses (and it's useful to them) it'll create its own buzz. But you have to get folks who would be willing to pay much more than five bucks hooked first before it will spill over into the general population, and that'll mean getting your hands dirty with shameless marketing. It may even mean spending a little on a short promotional blitz (sorry — I know that the point is to generate in-come, not out-go, but that's reality for you). Whether you choose to spend money or not, though, marketing isn't usually passive. And it will probably mean (in this case) giving away a part of your content in highly-visible "news flashes" on highly-visible social sites with a "for more"/"keep up to date" tag line linking to (or reminding people about) the app and the website. And, frankly, LinkedIn is low-viz as social goes; for every active LinkedIn account, there are a dozen or more Facebook accounts that are being visited more than once daily. The numbers aren't even close, so any reticence on your part, no matter what its motivation, is just plain bad business.

So roll up your sleeves, hold your nose if necessary, and get to work making (and sustaining) noise.

jensen

Reaction score
You can promote your App in some newspapers in Atlanta because that would be the most relavant. If people just wanted news on FilmCrews then the entertainment magazines would have written about it.

Making noise in the right places. (Cats on the fence get the shoe when they make noise but puppies in the pet store get attention when they make noise)

It's a limited market because like esselar said, "Its appeal would be extremely limited outside of Atlanta area".
Also people would be more likely to download to try if it was FREE. So maybe you have a FREE version for downloads and they pay if they wanted the whole APP. Then you would see your APP being downloaded more often.

Angeloalbertini

Reaction score
Well, this is very interesting indeed. Would love to read a little more of this. Good post. Thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator: