Better Uptime

LibertyScape

Reaction score
It seems that my website is offline a lot and so is the cPanel. I was wondering why there are so many issues with this. Sometimes it makes me just want to quit with this host because my forums are very important to my gaming community. As of this second I can't tell them what's going on because my website and the cPanel are offline.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello!
Right now there are some minor niggles with your hosting server and the administrators are aware of it.

But,you can always opt for x10 premium which guarantees 99.9% uptime. :)
http://x10premium.com/hosting.php

LibertyScape

Reaction score
Do you know how long this will take?

And I don't want to pay for something that still won't be 100% uptime.

LibertyScape

Reaction score
Okay well this 100% uptime thing isn't really part of the discussion. 24hosting has 100% uptime. It's never down.

I'm really wondering when my site will be back up.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay well this 100% uptime thing isn't really part of the discussion. 24hosting has 100% uptime. It's never down.

I'm really wondering when my site will be back up.

We have the datacenter looking into it at the moment, per the Announcements board. The 100% uptime you're mentioning as well is what everyone shoots for. The 99.9% uptime guarantee as mentioned by Web Hosting Talk simply shows what a web hosting company shoots for if something does in fact happen such as maintenance or severe service abuse. It doesn't mean that the hosting will have 99.9% uptime and be down for 40 minutes every month. The two I mentioned are pretty much unavoidable, even though a good amount of maintenance can be done with a server live and abuse can be stopped quickly. Like any other SLA, if your service doesn't meet the standard the company shoots for, you simply get some money back for the downtime.

Last edited:

-GH0ST-

Reaction score
100% is impossible in any day and age. To get all butthurt about not receiving 100% up-time is just lunacy. Give it up man, you're asking for impossible things from any host, no matter who it is.

jodoloy

Reaction score
If you read most hosting companies TOS/AUP, they have exclusions for there uptime guarantee. Uptime guarantees generally do not cover scheduled maintenance/power outages.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
If it makes you all feel better, There is someone sitting here doing nothing, watching the server to make sure it goes offline. Like watching paint dry...

Well actually i'm watching TV and I just wrote a script to make computer scream "STOLI IS OFFLINE!" repeatedly if it goes down again. I'll know within 5 seconds if it goes down.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Stoli has had 98% uptime measured over the past month with the majority of what is bringing that down happening in the past 24 hours, I'd say 98% is very acceptable for a free service... the rest of the servers are all over 99%. There is an issue that is very hard to troubleshoot on Stoli that has just started manifesting yesterday, it may be a hardware issue, it may be a software issue. It is very hard to troubleshoot on a live system that is serving over 20,000 users.

I think people also need to realize the constant war that is going on, on our free hosting servers. Imagine opening up your home computer to the internet and allowing anyone to put files on it and execute them. Over 30% of our signups are people trying to break the servers by spamming, attempting to carry out DOS attacks, or just attempting to compromise the server in general. So take that into consideration when you're comparing free hosting to paid hosting and uptime guarantees. That is hundreds of people every day attempting to disrupt the services we are providing to you.

-GH0ST-

Reaction score
I just don't get the motivation of some people. Take viruses for example. Some of which are masterfully coded and yet, these obviously talented individuals are making something that only causes headaches and issues instead of trying to make the problem go away. I'll never understand people and their motivations I guess.

Texas

Reaction score
People will always complain, and you can never fully satisfy everyone. I am very grateful that x10 provides us with this excellent free hosting service. I understand that there are some who have malicious intentions in carrying out DOS attacks or violating the Terms of Service, and that can have an affect on the rest of us who abide by the Terms of Service. All in all, I am very pleased with the superior level of free hosting and the amount of features comparable to a paid hosting service. If you are unsatisfied with the free hosting offering from x10, you can always upgrade to a Premium or VPS server for additional features and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, or even take your business elsewhere.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I am in total agreement that x10 has brilliant services, and support. Especially since it's free! I've seen some paid hosting sites that don't even offer half what x10 has on offer for free... With NO support! It's brilliant to see such a strong community within x10 that is willing to help each other out. That I value higher than any other hosting service...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And this thread is now doing wonders for my work ethic, since I'm one of the folks keeping the bad-[censored] filters up to date :p

henk506673

Reaction score
I am in total agreement that x10 has brilliant services, and support. Especially since it's free! I've seen some paid hosting sites that don't even offer half what x10 has on offer for free... With NO support! It's brilliant to see such a strong community within x10 that is willing to help each other out. That I value higher than any other hosting service...

i agree. there is absolutely something special about x10. i have found that x10s free service is also way better than some of the other free services that i tried before coming here. and the other people's services were nothing compared to x10, i really dont see what all of the fuss is about