Blank Pages on my SMF (Simple Machines Forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Well, it is either on your end or it is an intermittent server problem but your forum shows this at the bottom:

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 8 queries.

So for me it is really fast and loading with no errors. I have checked the error logs for you in the admin panel of SMF and there are none. I have optimized the database and turned on "Use a persistent connection" all seems to be running fine. Can anyone else connect to it at all ??

I have also tried using my PS3 (Playstation 3 made by Sony) but it also shows me a blank page on the PS3 Browser.

I have no clue what to do now. I have done everything I can.

Can anybody help? I think I am getting desperate.

P.S.: The problem might be able to be fixed through the x10hosting server admin side.

Solutions are appreciated!

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well, lets wait for an account manager to check it out further. It does not seem to be on the SMF side of things thats for sure.

Last edited:

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Well, lets wait for an account manager to check it out further. It does not seem to be on the SMF side of things thats for sure.

Thank You Geoff for guiding me every steps on the way.

I am patiently waiting for an Account Manager or someone who can take a look on the server. I really want my forum to be up and running within this week for my visitors to sign up at.

If any admin(s) reading this, please fix this please.

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You can also go here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

and upload repair_settings.php file to the ROOT of your SMF so in this case to your forum directory and point your browser at it. This will enable you to see if all the paths in the software are right and so forth. Delete it after you are done with it.

Also one other thing I thought of, can you check the ownership of your files in the "forum" directory (forum) You may have to do this by going in through your ftp client but it should be able to show you if you own your files in the directory (forum) If there is a 99 beside your files then apache has taken ownership of them and the admins will have to "re-own" your files.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Make sure that your cookies are cleared out, and, if you can get into your admin panel long enough, disable GZIP. SMF is working fine for me (granted, I'm on sustained), but rarely had these blank screens.

Use an FTP client rather than cPanel, and change permissions all of the files (no folders, no subdirectories) in the SMF root directory to 755, except Settings.php, which should be 644.

Speaking of, when you reinstall, do you delete the old dirs and the database? Have you ever used the cPanel file manager, because it still keeps files in the trash on your site. You can check disk usage on your home folder at http://yoursite.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/diskusage/index.html

Super_Hero

Reaction score
You can also go here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

and upload repair_settings.php file to the ROOT of your SMF so in this case to your forum directory and point your browser at it. This will enable you to see if all the paths in the software are right and so forth. Delete it after you are done with it.

Also one other thing I thought of, can you check the ownership of your files in the "forum" directory (forum) You may have to do this by going in through your ftp client but it should be able to show you if you own your files in the directory (forum) If there is a 99 beside your files then apache has taken ownership of them and the admins will have to "re-own" your files.

I have tried using the "repair_settings" from the SimpleMachines.org but no luck. It doesn't seem to fix the problem. After using "repair_settings", it let me login to my admin account perfectly BUT I get a blank page when I clicked logout and I started to get blank pages again.

I don't know exactly how to find the "ownership" of my files through FTP and I couldn't find any number "99" from anywhere on the FTP.

I am still trying my best to fix the problem. It would be nice if any admin(s) can help me out from the server admin side. I would really appreciates it.

P.S.: I have reinstalled the SMF for the third time but I still experience the same problem. :dunno:

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Edit:
Make sure that your cookies are cleared out, and, if you can get into your admin panel long enough, disable GZIP. SMF is working fine for me (granted, I'm on sustained), but rarely had these blank screens.

Use an FTP client rather than cPanel, and change permissions all of the files (no folders, no subdirectories) in the SMF root directory to 755, except Settings.php, which should be 644.

Speaking of, when you reinstall, do you delete the old dirs and the database? Have you ever used the cPanel file manager, because it still keeps files in the trash on your site. You can check disk usage on your home folder at http://yoursite.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/diskusage/index.html

As mentioned on my previous posts, I have tried clearing my cookies out.

I have also tried CHMOD everything to 755 except "Settings.php" using my FTP (FileZilla) but no luck.

Anywho, I delete my MySQL user AND database every time I do a re-installation.

Anyone else can help? Its been 2 days and I still don't have a clue how to fix my broken SMF forum. :dunno:

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

duckyinc

Reaction score
You can take a look on what recent changes you have done to the forum, because smf works (http://prometheus.b3ta.org/forum/) and if nothing else works, back up your database and use fantastico to install it, then import the data into that database

Last edited:

Super_Hero

Reaction score
You can take a look on what recent changes you have done to the forum, because smf works (http://prometheus.b3ta.org/forum/) and if nothing else works, back up your database and use fantastico to install it, then import the data into that database

Unfortunately, I have Ad-Free hosting which does NOT support Fantastico.

What could be the problem here? I am still waiting for help. :dunno:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you can PM me your login details for cpanel later I will ftp in and see what the ownership is. If it needs to be changed I will notify the appropriate staff.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
If you can PM me your login details for cpanel later I will ftp in and see what the ownership is. If it needs to be changed I will notify the appropriate staff.

After almost 2 days of problem, I have decided to switch from Ad-Free hosting to Ad-Enhanced (Advanced) hosting. I have created another x10Hosting account(I hope you don't mind.) for Ad-Enhanced (Advanced) to take advantage of the use of "Fantastico". I have installed the SMF using Fantastico and it worked like a charm but I have problem installing the Ad-Management Mod (Found Here). I am following the "How to insert ads in SMF" thread.

Problem:
1) I can't see the "Ad Management" option under the "Configuration" menu after installation which I can't configure the ads without it.

Here is a screen shot:
configscreen1.gif

Solutions appreciated!

P.S: The blank pages and other loads of problem do not seem to happen using the Fantastico to install the SMF. Please feel free to login the forum as an admin using the same username and passwords as I provided you with through a PM yesterday.

Thank You Geoff and other members who helped me. x10hosting is truly the free best host out there.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Go into your Server Settings in your Admin panel of SMF and see what your language is set to. If it is English-utf8 change it to english and it should solve your problem. If not look to the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF and make sure the edits are done to that file.

All the edits for the ad mod are stickied to the top of the "Theme Support" board at www.smfads.com (Make sure you get the right edits for the version you use) Also, if you plan on using a custom theme with the ad mod, you will have to modify the template files in the custom theme folder that you want to use. This is the same for any modification package that you install on a custom theme. All modification packages are made only to install on the default CORE theme.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Go into your Server Settings in your Admin panel of SMF and see what your language is set to. If it is English-utf8 change it to english and it should solve your problem. If not look to the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF and make sure the edits are done to that file.

All the edits for the ad mod are stickied to the top of the "Theme Support" board at www.smfads.com (Make sure you get the right edits for the version you use) Also, if you plan on using a custom theme with the ad mod, you will have to modify the template files in the custom theme folder that you want to use. This is the same for any modification package that you install on a custom theme. All modification packages are made only to install on the default CORE theme.

I got the "Ad Management" mod option to show properly but my other mods' options do not (Such as "Global Header & Footer and Award" mods).

I have switched the language to "English" under "Configuration > Server Settings" but it only fixes the problem (temporary) while I am logged in for that time. (Ex: When I log back in for the 2nd time, the options disappeared again. I will have to than save the "Server Settings" again in order for the options to come back out.)

Screen Shot:
configscreen2.gif

What should I do? I think the languages files are doing this but I don't how to fix it. I have already searched the SimpleMachines.org Forum but all they say is what I have done.

P.S.: I forgot I have a new x10Hosting URL since I switched plans. You can access my current forum at http://SuperHeroClan.com/forum with the same admin username and password. Thanks!

Thanks for your hardwork Geoff! I really appreciates it.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Is this resolved?

Ya, It is resolved.

I have already switched to Ad-Enhanced (Advanced) Hosting plan with another account (I had to make another account since the forum account and the hosting account are linked together.) to take advantage of Fantastico.

Please delete the following:

My OLD x10Hosting Ad-Free account: http://superheroclan.x10hosting.com
My OLD x10Hosting Forum account: Super_Hero (the one I am using).

P.S.: I am gonna log out after this post.

Thank You for your hard work!

x10Hosting rulez!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.