Boring site, but it's all I know.

Discussion in 'Review My Site' started by alicenor, Dec 11, 2014.

1. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Sure I should make a video of myself and slap it on there somehow, I know that. I'm still working with the free site, so it looks a little empty due to the adsence I have placed. I am having a difficult time infusing excitement into it. What do you think? Do the links work? If you want to be a beta tester in exchange for the membership, let me know (free).

http://www.norrisworkfromhome.com

I'm not an excited go-getter, which is precisely why I don't have a video up. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. caftpx10

caftpx10 Well-Known Member

What I would do is apply the same width you've used for the first background image (being overlapped by text) to all the main divs (like the other large image, header, footer, etc..), that should make it fit on screen correctly.

3. jfrancis79

jfrancis79 Member Prime Account

I hope you don't take offense to what I'm about to say but is the honest truth. Your site I probably would not ever come back to because it looks like one of those get rich things which most of them are usually scams. I also wouldn't feel comfortable giving my credit card information to an unknown website or a third party unless the website is a reputable website like eBay, X10hosting, Yahoo Small Business GoDaddy, PayPal, ect. I'm NOT saying that your site is a scam, but I just don't want to take the risk because it is just too new and it doesn't have a reputation, any reviews, no terms and privacy policy so I don't know what I'm agreeing to or to see if I even agree with them. If I were to purchase this lesson what is your return policy or refund policy? What happens if I'm not 100% satisfied? What are the chances of me succeeding?

4. alicenor

alicenor New Member

okay, thank you.

5. alicenor

alicenor New Member

I am unable to move the picture around. I put a PayPal button on the site, and added terms and Privacy Statement.

6. neteater

neteater Member

what is your site concept, it looks like a landing page.

7. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Yeah, At first it was selling a membership site for Resell and PLR products, but now it's a newsletter landing page.

8. brittbr2

brittbr2 Member

Hey I just took a look at your site it's a nice site for html design how're most people look at sites in their phone so you should make your site mobile compatible. Also on your homepage it doesn't get me the feeling to sign up yiu should put more information about your site

9. thehave3

thehave3 Member

I took a look at your site. Its alright but it can definitely use improvement. When looking at it on a laptop the site is all out of place on firefox.
    The main page can use more information about the book your trying to sell. Perhaps a video on the front page showing at least 1 technique that you can use would be great.
    A free sample of a lite e-book for people to download is also enticing giving at least in that ebook 2 real valuable techniques that people can actually use then you just fill it up as much as you want with general information, key to success & etc.

10. alicenor

alicenor New Member

I'll grab the eBook 1st page link from the eBook page and put it on the first page... Putting the actual first page on this rather limited site didn't work.
    I used a website designer tool, not sure what I can do about mobile optimizing and Firefox just yet.

11. thehave3

thehave3 Member

I forgot to mention I would make the first page have the parallax scrolling effect on it.
    Example: http://shibui.me/#home

-Tutorials-
    http://davidwalsh.name/parallax
    http://thedesignpixel.com/best-jquery-parallax-scrolling-tutorials.html

If you have any testimonials put them on the front page, if you need one I write reviews on all businesses, products & services I come across.
    If you would like you can mail me one press release copy & il write a review for your site which you can put up there. My review page is called "Reviews Pay"

12. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Yikes, I'm not a code-knowing person. I read through the tutorial links, and am concerned I'll paint this image over my content. I have no idea what CSS is, other than "Cascading Style Sheets" This is over my head. Thank you, and maybe I'll look into it later, I love the effect.

13. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Ok, I've created a website that is more mobile and pasted a link to it on the home page.

14. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Seriously considering scrapping this concept and plugging in an Affiliate App System Squeeze page.

15. alicenor

alicenor New Member

x10 is not allowing me to redirect the domain. It says it is updated, but it isn't updated on the domain list, nor in reality.

Waiting a few hours...

16. alicenor

alicenor New Member

Does DNS cashing take place over weekends?

17. brittbr2

brittbr2 Member

It can take up to 24hrs

18. alicenor

alicenor New Member

19. brittbr2

brittbr2 Member

What'd the new link I'll check to see if I can access it

20. alicenor

alicenor New Member