Boru Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Boru has been fully backed up, we will be taking it down shortly to start the hardware upgrade and reinstall.

Any updates regarding Boru's progress will be posted in this thread.

Please note, we will only automatically restore accounts that were NOT suspended as of July 16th, 2010. Any accounts that were suspended will need to request a restore manually after everyone else has been restored.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Server is back online, installing and configuring software.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Server has been configured... running tests to make sure everything works. Load balanced HTTP is also in place (Beta). Next update will be when restores start.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Restores have been started... they will be slow at first while we make sure everything is working properly and setup correctly. Once we have verified that everything is correct we will turn on a 2nd restore.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Account restores are continuing on this server. After consulting with cPanel we have found a way to speed them up.

After a few hundred more restores we should be able to give some type of estimate of how long it will take.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
ETA for Boru to finish restores is about 12 hours. The part of Fris we are restoring to this server will continue though.

We will be opening support for this server either tomorrow evening or the following day to restore databases, files, etc... Please check the bottom of the main news thread tomorrow for support information.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Restore of unsuspended accounts has been completed. Users on Boru may now request support via the account panel. Submitting a support thread via the account panel will automatically make the thread on the forums for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.