Browser War 1

What is the best browser

• Total voters

Cubeform

Reaction score
graphix-invasion said:
I prefer Firefox over IE, but I'm too lazy to download Firefox. IE gets the job done.

I almost wanted to quit the IE7 install because I had to reboot TWICE! TWICE!!!!!

azntechguy

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Firefox 2 at 12am this morning.

Firefox! I use it on my Windows and Debian Linux partitions.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to use IE, went to FF but now that I run VMWare alot FF wont run with WMWare it locks up windows so I use IE6 now, also the WYSIWYG editor for vB 3.6 looks nice in IE

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
IE7, at least for me, seems to have errors. It took forever to install.
I'm probably going to download and move my favorites over to FireFox.

Zenax

Reaction score
unpixelatedgamers said:
You can get tabs in IE 6 with the MSN toolbar. I do.

I personally don't see why a lot of people hate IE. Security issues? Really the only security issues are going onto dodgy sites with dodgy forums. I've never had a security issue with IE that wasn't my own fault. And fortunately i had Nortan Antivirus to sort out the problem. So, i learnt the hard way about safety online. whats the problem?

Besides, i'm sure MS-DOS was a rip off of another operating system.

Totally agreeing here with what unpixelatedgamers is saying!

However, I am using FireFox at mo, due to a few problems with IE, soon to be fixed problems!

MultiMediaMadness

Reaction score
I use Firefox 2.0, I like the layout, I LOve the tabs, now IE got them i'm sure i don't want IE, they just copied it.
IE sais i got 1 bug, and FF sais i got 5 bugs, but ... IE got more bugs but they don't want to say it, FF got almost no bugs they don't confirm, so it got 10 bugs vs 7 bugs.

This aren't wright numbers, but its just to let you know IE confirms almost no bugs, and FF tells almost all bugs.
Also IE never updated from the moment they got 6.0, only bug fixes, FF updated his software constant, 1.0-->1.5-->2.0

There are also extensions available for FF and not for IE.
I got more then 10 extensions installed and i can't live without.

yahia

Reaction score
This is unfair.
The poll should contain options for all browsers.

• Opera
  • iCab
  • Safari
  • Firefox (be more precise on "mozilla")
  • Mozilla suite (now Seamonkey)
  • Flock
  • K-meleon
  • Konqueror
  • Lynx
  • etc.

And for you guys, Opera especially is the best out there. a complete performant and secure internet suite.

Chris Z

Reaction score
there was a thread about this the other day with a poll listing most of those browsers, and opera wasn't in that poll, so that's why this thread was created, please search before complaining

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
yahia said:
This is unfair.
The poll should contain options for all browsers.
  • Opera
  • iCab
  • Safari
  • Firefox (be more precise on "mozilla")
  • Mozilla suite (now Seamonkey)
  • Flock
  • K-meleon
  • Konqueror
  • Lynx
  • etc.
And for you guys, Opera especially is the best out there. a complete performant and secure internet suite.

HMmm....those are all linux and mac i beleive, maybe you should start like Linux Browser Poll or w/e

yahia

Reaction score
blong4life said:
HMmm....those are all linux and mac i beleive, maybe you should start like Linux Browser Poll or w/e

No mister..
iCab and Safari are for MAc only, and Konqueror is for Linux only, but all others are in windows even.

And in a browser war we shouldn't make discrimination between Operating Systems or it will become an OS war.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I will have to say opera is the best browser... but i've voted for FF

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Thats right...vote for FF...OR ELSE!!!2 Cuz FF will teh pwn u if u don't teh vote for it. Teh.

RealisationInc

Reaction score
Clearly FireFox is the best browser.

I hate I.E, when i went to check out the beta of the new version the download caused problems with my comp. So I blame microsoft for the coincidence. :thefinger

Opera isn't bad but hogs alot of memory [I know firefox does to but Opera seems slower]

A Firefox. Literally.

Cubeform

Reaction score
RealisationInc said:
Opera isn't bad but hogs alot of memory [I know firefox does to but Opera seems slower]

Really? Opera took the least memory in my tests compared to Firefox 2 and IE7. That's even when I tweaked my Firefox browser to use less memory.

I still hate Opera's UI. It's the thing that drives me away from it.

Last edited: