Browser War 1

What is the best browser

• Total voters

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I think that Mozilla Firefox is the best one I've tried. It has many features compared to IE. But I still didn't try IE7. So I might be wrong.

Mei-Angelz

Reaction score
I vote Mozilla Firefox! I've been using it for a while now and its great ! :biggrin:

artist

Reaction score
Firefox - Definitely the best!
Opera - Second
IE - Nein

speakout

Reaction score
firefox popularity has grown so much, I love this browser, very flexible and if you get the right plug-ins and extensions it's extremely useful

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
To the poll creator, be careful what you put next time because Mozilla (newer versions named SeaMonkey) is a different browser than Firefox. You might want to include Opera also.

Last edited:

Ferinos

Reaction score
Mozilla's text is clearer, whereas IE 7, maybe previous version, forgotten em now likes, are kinda blurry.

IE 7's colours are too prominent, and I cannot reduce the contrast enough to change it.

samurai1993

Reaction score
Firefox, why?
Because it is very secure and it has a very big community of people creating plugins, themes, add-ons, etc
Opera is faster than firefox, but Opera doesn't have the community that Firefox has.

IE ??? is this a joke?? xD
Safari for windows is in beta stage and is very unstable... maybe in a few months...

Chris Z

Reaction score
How is Opera "faster" than Firefox? Are you talking in terms of speed with loading pages, or just startup speed? Because as far as I remember, Opera was either about the same speed loading up and loading pages as Firefox, or maybe even slower, the last time I tried it out.

samurai1993

Reaction score
In my case opera load pages faster than firefox... but I have to remark that ONLY in my case
sorry for no specify before

Cubeform

Reaction score
Wow. This is an eons-old thread. But I would like to make a point about one thing:

Mozilla's text is clearer, whereas IE 7, maybe previous version, forgotten em now likes, are kinda blurry.

IE7 by default uses a Windows font-smoothing technology called ClearType. ClearType was actually built into Windows XP from the start; IE7, however, uses ClearType regardless of your font-smoothing settings. In my opinion it makes fonts much clearer and more "print-like" than the old pixelated computer fonts. The difference is obvious on LCDs. Very obvious.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is obvious on LCDs. Very obvious.

Not just LCD's either - my mom picked up a gigantic gateway monitor from a garage sale for $20 (practically new, viewable area diagonal is 19 and 3/4 inches - 1 and 3/4 inches bigger than mine :( ). Hers, once plugged in, popped up the ClearType option in the control panel as well - standard BA (Big A$$) CRT. Definitely noticeable. Absolutely. Beautiful.

And I'm trying to talk her into me buying it for $40 - she uses MSWord, which DOESN'T do that monitor justice :)

As for browsers, I'm using FF. It's whats on my flash drive, its what I trust, and more importantly, its what I have configured to be secure for what I'm working with (as in, NoScript, AdBlockPlus, IETab, and a weather plugin). I'd be willing to try another browser (besides IE, which is what caused me to hunt for a replacement in the first place), but in all honesty I'd probably stick with FF because I've spent a while configuring it to be EXACTLY how I like it - I'd be starting all over with something else.

Same reason I didn't upgrade to Vista actually; I spent this long tweaking XP and making it work just right, and I don't like the idea of wasting two years to do it all over with a fledgling OS.

Sounds like Opera's the one to try instead of FF though; I'll put it on my ToDo list (which means I'll probably end up testing it by the end of the week (I actually complete stuff on that list, unlike some people :) ))

Sukhdev

Reaction score
I like Netscape then any other browser. It takes less memory then Mozilla, more functions then IE and Opera, and most compatible browser by any site on earth except IE.

Cubeform

Reaction score
I like Netscape then any other browser. It takes less memory then Mozilla, more functions then IE and Opera, and most compatible browser by any site on earth except IE.

Netscape sucks. If you're talking about Netscape 4 and below, I rest my case. If you're talking about Netscape 6-7, I think you'd be happy to know that Netscape 6 and above are all powered by Mozilla's rendering engine. If you're talking about Netscape Browser 8 (which was, by the way, not even developed by Netscape), you'll be ecstatic to find out that it is essentially a modified version of Firefox, but with way more bloat (and more memory usage!) and way more insecurity (it uses the IE engine as well? WTF?). Finally, for the new Netscape Navigator 9 (which I just found out about now), it's still just a modded version of Firefox. You'd be better off using Flock.

Reclutador

Reaction score
You forgot put Opera as a WebBrowser, but might be will win Firefox [74 votes]

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
FireFox wins hands down every time although safari has promise i was using it last week when it came out for windows as a beta its a steap learning curve but once you have ur head around the controls its ok, apart from its text rendering is realy hard to read even on my 21" moniter.