Can I get help with this ..

fierce

Reaction score
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'num, ticket, cash ) VALUES
( 0 , 0 , 100000000), ( 0 , 1 , 100000' at line 1
URL%5D

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mysqlkc0.jpg
thx in advance
fierce

marshian

Reaction score
What are you trying to do?
I'm guessing you should add "INSERT INTO `tablename`" at the start of the database, but I'm not sure, as this 'query' doesn't really mention what he tries to achieve.

scopey

Reaction score
Yeah, the query is missing the whole first line or something. Why are you using the SQL console anyway? phpMyAdmin provides a really nice GUI to your database. Use that to enter values.

But anyway, you need the INSERT INTO `tablename` on the first line infront of ('num', 'ticket', 'cash')

ryanlwh

Reaction score
Well take a closer look at the attachment. He's using phpMyAdmin :).

And as other pointed out, you're just missing INSERT INTO tablename

scopey

Reaction score
Yes, but he's using the SQL query part of phpMyAdmin... There's a nicer, easier way to enter data into a table.

sunils

Reaction score
There may be more that one reason for this error coming up...
(1). since you have specified the column names in the query, check whether you have not missed out any column which is set to not null.
(2).The second reason could be that the datatype of the column and the datatype of the data does not match. So you need to convert it to the respective format before executing the query..

since i could not access the image (because of the restriction on our network) can you post the entire query that you are using.

fierce

Reaction score
There may be more that one reason for this error coming up...
(1). since you have specified the column names in the query, check whether you have not missed out any column which is set to not null.
(2).The second reason could be that the datatype of the column and the datatype of the data does not match. So you need to convert it to the respective format before executing the query..

since i could not access the image (because of the restriction on our network) can you post the entire query that you are using.
i fixed the problem with that..but i can't insert this
INSERT INTO eras
( name , peasants , food , mana , infantry , cavalry , siege , naval , wizards , homes , mines , academies , barracks , mage towers , farms , towers , o_infantry, d_infantry, o_cavalry, d_cavalry, o_siege, d_siege, o_naval, d_naval) VALUES
('Dark' ,'Villagers' ,'Grains' ,'Mana' ,'Pikemen' ,'Cavalry' ,'Archers' ,'Galleons' ,'Wizards' ,'Huts' ,'Mines' ,'Academies','Keeps' ,'Mage Towers' ,'Farms' ,'Towers' , 1 , 2 , 3 , 2 , 7 , 5 , 7 , 6 ),
('Mystical','Peasants','Grains','Mana' ,'Swordsmen','Heavy Cavalry' ,'Bowmen' ,'Battleships' ,'Sorcerers' ,'Houses','Gold Mines','Military Academies','Keeps','Mage Towers' ,'Plantations' ,'Sentry Towers' , 2 , 1 , 2 , 6 , 5 , 3 , 6 , 8 ),
('Imperial' ,'Citizens','Grains','Mana','Long Swordsmen' ,'Cataphract','Crossbowmen','Juggernauts','Spellcasters ','Houses','Gold Mines','Imperial Academies','Keeps','Mage Towers','Imperial Plantations','Guard Towers', 1 , 2 , 5 , 2 , 6 , 3 , 7 , 7 );

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1299/mysql1sw5.jpg

Last edited:

woiwky

Reaction score
The problem is the 'mage towers' part. You can't have spaces in field names. Perhaps you meant mage_towers instead?

fierce

Reaction score
The problem is the 'mage towers' part. You can't have spaces in field names. Perhaps you meant mage_towers instead?
i don't think so becoz it worked when I was inserting the races query for Blood Elf..that have space too.
Edit:
thx buddy it worked as you said..still i wonder why it worked for Blood Elf with space and didn't for mage towers :S.

Last edited:

eliasr

Reaction score
Can´t use spaces in field names, but you can use it in field values, in your field names you use underscore for sapces [ie. o_army], and in your field values use the space [ie. Sentry Tower].

fierce

Reaction score
If some1's interested in earning all my credits PM me..I need help with my little project and as prize I give all my credits.
fierce

marshian

Reaction score
Have you successfully added this domain to your account? (parked domains)
This looks like http://ns1.x10hosting.com, meaning the x10 nameserver doesn't know what account this domain belongs to.
(For some reason, tracert won't resolve me this domain <.<)

marshian

Reaction score
Add your co.cc domain to your parked domains, put your x10 subdomain back in the control panel (your screenie) and make sure your domain is an NS record to "ns1.x10hosting.com" and "ns2.x10hosting.com"