can i host a kodi build on x10hosting free or premium

kendog20

Reaction score
hi there

im very new to this stuff so please bare with me.
im after a reliable hosting service for my small kodi build im curious if its allowed on x10hosting?

i would like to purchase a premium account if so.

look forward to your comments
thanx
ken

caftpx10

Reaction score
Something that should be pointed out here is that web hosting accounts are not allowed to be used for file sharing.
If it's to do with your site then MAYBE. Someone else who knows the ToS well should be able to comment on this.
Final thing: files that are 10MB or above are automatically deleted after a few hours. So if you're allowed to host the file on X10 you could try compressing the file. Note that Kodi builds are typically large in size and thus likely won't remain under the limit unless there's some sort of very powerful compression out there to use.

The above was for free hosting. As for premium, it looks like they also have such term in place. I don't know about auto deletion though.

kendog20

Reaction score
thank you for your reply :)

I wasn't sure it was classed as file sharing as its my own personal build that only i load on boxes, this isn't a community build. There won't be any sharing or links given to people

Thanx
Ken

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
There won't be any sharing or links given to people
x10hosting's free-hosting "Terms of Service" (TOS) says nothing about "file sharing"
BUT says...
File Hosting - Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file hosting service.
and
File Storage
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for.

SEE --> https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't know about auto deletion though.
did not see that...

x10hosting now deletes files 10 MiB (or larger) in size - that have been on the server (in any folder) for more than about 4 hours - from non-upgraded free-hosting accounts only