Can money buy true happiness?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your seeming unwillingness to answere my questions, is apparently as I guessed, you are at the end of your rope.
Happiness is the realization that your dreams have been reached; for some those goals might be to help others, for some serving their lord is their main goal, and for others: living a prosperous life and knowing that you did something with that life.
This is the only question of mine that you have answered, and you got it wrong.
Why did you get it wrong? Because you did not work out the preliminaries. If you ignore step 1, then all following steps will be wrong. True happiness is a total dependency and obedience on and to God alone.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Because God made us and He made us to only be TRULY happy when we are inline with His will.
Edit:
If you don't like that God did that, Why don't you go ask Him why?

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Because God made us and He made us to only be TRULY happy when we are inline with His will.
If you don't like that God did that, Why don't you go ask Him why?

You're getting to religious in this, seriously.... I don't believe in God, and I think that I can be happy too.....

Anyway... I think that happiness is reached inside, not by asking god for it

Last edited:

Max1337

Reaction score
Happiness for me isn't through religion, infact happiness is knowing that the people I love, loves me.
Religion doesn't really make me happy... I personally think that the 'rules of life' from the bible, or whatever is said is much too strict, it just makes it seem like you can't do anything without 'going to h**l'...
Reason why I chose to be Athiest, I don't want a book telling me how I should live... Or anyone/anything at that matter.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I personally think that the 'rules of life' from the bible, or whatever is said is much too strict, it just makes it seem like you can't do anything without 'going to h**l'...
Reason why I chose to be Athiest, I don't want a book telling me how I should live... Or anyone/anything at that matter.
You live in the USA, so you know as well as any one else that your whole life is limited by whatever laws congress passes. God's laws are a whole lot less "strict" than the man made ones. And God doesn't keep making new ones. Congress does.
Do you know what you get when everyone says that they don't want to live their life being told what to do and what not to do? You get anarchy. You want the U.S. to descend into anarchy? That will happen if everyone says what you just said.

Max1337

Reaction score
Yea, I do think that the US is also much too strict...
I think they need to let go some of the laws, because with some of their laws, I just think is rediculous, and some don't even make any sense lol... So what's the point in having such laws if they don't make any sense?
I already think that all the government cares about is making money, and not the people... -_-' :rant2:

Heh, you live in NC?
Wow, I live in VA... Va Beach that is, so I'm not too far from the border :p

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I think money can buy you temporary happiness. Not true happiness. True happiness comes from success in other aspects, not just the laboral and economic one.

hcse26

Reaction score
err... depends on what you spend it on ofcourse. For me, if I could buy a really powerful PC, or a kickass dedi server lol.

Just remember: Money can: buy companions, but not friends. buy you a meal, bu not appetite.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yea, I do think that the US is also much too strict...
I think they need to let go some of the laws, because with some of their laws, I just think is rediculous, and some don't even make any sense lol... So what's the point in having such laws if they don't make any sense?
I already think that all the government cares about is making money, and not the people... -_-'
I must agree with you there, most of the laws that the U.S. has are totally STUPID. BUT, it's better than having NO laws, right? There are some good laws: the ones that our founding fathers gave us along with a few others that have been made over time. With out those laws, the U.S. would descend into total anarchy, would it not?
I personally think that a bunch of dum laws and a few good ones are better than no laws.
Also, once upon a time, the government was made up of The People. At that time, the government cared for The People. But now, the government is run by whoever talks the most, and whoever has the most money. Of course it is intuitive that these people only care about money.

Heh, you live in NC?
Wow, I live in VA... Va Beach that is, so I'm not too far from the border :p
That would be about a 3 and 1/2 hours drive, or a 2 day 7 hour walk, from where I live. So you're still a ways away.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Wow... Some people ^^^^ Are getting a little TOO out of hand with all this "religion" stuff...

I thought I suggested that we IGNORE religion for this topic... So we do not start killing each other...

And Quoting Ichwar's last statement:
Look who got the presidential seat! Obama was able to scale the largest road block ever! And he did not do it with money. (McCain spent more.)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow... Some people ^^^^ Are getting a little TOO out of hand with all this "religion" stuff...

I thought I suggested that we IGNORE religion for this topic... So we do not start killing each other...

Who ever suggested killing people? If you feel like killing someone because they don't believe what you believe, then maybe you shouldn't post in this thread? But as for me, I'm not about to kill anyone, so Religion isn't a problem for me.

And Quoting Ichwar's last statement:
Look who got the presidential seat! Obama was able to scale the largest road block ever! And he did not do it with money. (McCain spent more.)

McCain spent more? Really? Any evidence?
Well, because McCain opted into the public financing system during the general election, he faced a limit on what he could spend.
In all McCain spent approximately $320 million on his campaign.
Compare that to the $740 millon that Obama spent.
Now obviously I could be wrong about my figures here, but if I'm right, $740 million is more than twice as much as $320 million.

apoorav

Reaction score
Money Cant buy happiness, People who think that are mentally retarded bcoz to b happy is a feeling, its not a commodity, which can be buyied or selled!!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Money Cant buy happiness, People who think that are mentally retarded bcoz to b happy is a feeling, its not a commodity, which can be buyied or selled!!

Agreed.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Kill each other? We don't kill each other in this thread. I'm not about to do so atleast. If you feel like killing someone, why don't you just hop on over to this thread?:biggrin:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Is that so?

Here's a little example. Imagine that you are an artist, for example a painter. Artist is happy only when he/she creates, right? Now, imagine that you don't have enough money to buy, colors. Would you be happy? Think about that.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I have to disagree. An artist can be happy with out having to create. Painting a picture is not the only way that an artist can be happy.

MysticGarden

Reaction score
I don't think money can buy happiness..but I think it doesn't hurt to have some :) I mean if money alone was to buy happiness why are so many celebrities in pain, rehab,ect. probably because money doesn't buy love, true friends, and probably buys an extreme amount of boredom..If you have everything you want materialistically..whats left to buy..wheres left to go..ect.. have it, seen it, done it all

intertec

Reaction score
I think that money can reaching your happiness a bit quicker. But not too much money, that will just turn your direction the other way!