Can not park domain in cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcoeur

Reaction score
Hello,

So I've gone through the process of changing the A record to point to the shared IP I'm currently on (198.91.81.8).

I know I have done this correctly because it does show up on here: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/simcoeurgentcare.com

Now the issue I seem to be having is whenever I try to park the domain (www.simcoeurgentcare.com), I receive this error:

"Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

I understand what it is asking me to do in regard to the nameservers, however as I've researched online, changing the nameservers is not required for the domain to point to my website (http://simcoeurgentcare.x10.mx/).

For whatever reason, the free domain that Wix provided me with, does not allow changes to the nameservers, but does allow me to configure the A Record and CNAME.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
This is a catch-22 situation.

This is a situation where one thing must happen in order to cause another thing to happen - but because the first thing does not happen the second thing cannot happen

x10hosting requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain. Because you can not add the domain with x10hosting - you can not change the name servers - because you can not change the name servers you can not add the domain with x10hosting...

x10hosting's Admins will need to add the DNS zone for you - if they will do it

simcoeur

Reaction score
This is a catch-22 situation.

This is a situation where one thing must happen in order to cause another thing to happen - but because the first thing does not happen the second thing cannot happen

x10hosting requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain. Because you can not add the domain with x10hosting - you can not change the name servers - because you can not change the name servers you can not add the domain with x10hosting...

x10hosting's Admins will need to add the DNS zone for you - if they will do it

How would I go about requesting this from the x10hosting Admins? or do you believe this is not something they are likely to do.

jameswallis

Reaction score
Hi Dead-i,

I seem to have a similar problem. I have a domain registered with http://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/ which is www.macctowncst.co.uk - I have changed the Name Servers to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and I have logged in to the X10 hosting cPanel and tried to add the domain to the parked domain area but its just coming up with the following error message: - "Could not determine the nameserver IP addresses for “macctowncst.co.uk”. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar."

When I check if the website (www.macctowncst.co.uk) loads in my web browser it comes up with the following error message: -

"This web page is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
The server at www.macctowncst.co.uk can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventingGoogle Chromefrom accessing the network."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

P.S. I've always managed to park a domain and set up the name servers in the past but for some reason this time I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Not sure if it is causing the problem parking the domain but,

maybe you should check the WHOIS entry for your domain. I see a couple of possible problems.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
not like the issue of this thread - you did set the DNS nameservers to [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ]
BUT
at URL [ http://whois.domaintools.com/macctowncst.co.uk ]
I 'see':
Data validation:
Registrant name and address awaiting validation
AND
Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

WHOIS lookup made at 23:55:03 19-Apr-2015

jameswallis

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I have contacted the registrar about it but they said contact x10hosting. I've just sent the registrar another message explaining the issue to see if they come up with any other solution.

I have parked at least 3 or 4 domains in the past using both uk-cheapest and x10hosting but for some reason this time its just not working. I don't know whether it could be anything to do with when I first bought the domain. I paid via paypal and a card at the same time and it accepted both methods so I contacted uk-cheapest to let them know - I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I did have the domain parked for a few weeks and it was working fine but when I checked it recently it seemed that some settings must've been changed because it came up with the web page not available error message.

I'm not sure which end is most likely to have the problem, domain registrar or web host. I don't suppose I can flush the DNS settings in the DNS Zone editor on the cPanel and start from scratch with any records that might have been created that conflict with adding a new parked domain.

Any extra help on resolving this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm not sure which end is most likely to have the problem, domain registrar or web host.
until you resolve the DNS issue with the registrar of your domain - there is nothing you can do at x10hosting with that domain

Last edited:

jameswallis

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I've resolved the DNS issue with my registrar. It was down to a suspension nominet.org.uk put on the domain due to validation reasons with regards to registrant name. It needed verifying and authenticating. However, the suspension has been lifted which means I can now park the domain again.

Problem & Solution

Nominet were unable to verify the registrant name that they held for my domain name (www.macctowncst.co.uk) as 'Mtfc Community Sports Trust. They said: - 'If this is the full name of a charity, we will require a copy of the charity registration certificate showing the full charity name. This can be scanned and emailed over to Nominet to verify. Alternatively, if the details need amending, you can do this using the Nominet online services at www.nominet.org.uk/go/login. Once logged in, select 'domain list' and then 'edit' the registrant name. The changes will then come back to Nominet to verify."

I had to change the registrant name from 'Mtfc Community Sports Trust' to the correct name of Macclesfield Town (Community Sports Trust) Ltd in order for Nominet to validate my domain.

Thanks,

James

azteamx1

Reaction score
I seem to have a similar problem

My domain: riveroffilm(dot)com
My website: azteam(dot)x10(dot)mx

Please help!
Thanks!

intouch3

Reaction score
I seem to have a very similar problem