cannot log into cpanel or website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryokoted

Reaction score
i was able to log into the forums with my login credentials just fine, but i can't log into the website or cpanel using the same login and pass. i can still access my ftp through my saved FTP credentials in Filezilla... just can't access the website or cpanel. i tried doing a password reset after it told me there was already an account using my email when i tried to sign up again, but after clicking 'forgot password' it went right back to the page that said it couldn't find my account and to create a new one.

this is not the first time this has happened to me with this host, and in fact, has happened every single time i've tried to sign up with an account here. i'm never able to get back into the website or cpanel after logging out.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if im not mistaking, you should be able to login to cpanel
with the same information that you use for your ftp login.

any website logins are different than the cpanel login.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
i was able to log into the forums with my login credentials just fine, but i can't log into the website or cpanel using the same login and pass. i can still access my ftp through my saved FTP credentials in Filezilla... just can't access the website or cpanel. i tried doing a password reset after it told me there was already an account using my email when i tried to sign up again, but after clicking 'forgot password' it went right back to the page that said it couldn't find my account and to create a new one.

this is not the first time this has happened to me with this host, and in fact, has happened every single time i've tried to sign up with an account here. i'm never able to get back into the website or cpanel after logging out.
What I am seeing is that the account was terminated due to a cancellation, which would mean that you actively asked for the hosting (cpanel) account to be terminated just a few days after signing up for it.

You should not be able to use ftp, unless the account you are talking about is different from the one that are linked with the forum account you are posting from.

What domain would you expect your website to be on? And what are you using for ftp login (no passwords needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.