Resolved Can't access site via x10host.com domain

ttavirtu

Reaction score
Recently, my paid domain expired. I tried to access the website via its default domain (ttavirtual.x10host.com), but it can't be reached. I checked the DNS and the nameservers and IP point to x10hosting.com. Thanks

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
support staff will need to check this.
its possible your website may have been purged.
keep in mind it may take some time for staff to reply.

its also possible you did not enter the correct DNS
only staff can help with that.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@spacresx is correct that your DNS is not correct. As this domain is a free one managed by x10, a staff member will have to correct this for you.

Flagging this for admins

ttavirtu

Reaction score
Ok, I'll wait for the staff to fix this issue. Thank you guys for your help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The default domain (x10host.com) will not function as you have removed it from the account. For it to work it needs to be added to the account in some way.
You should be able to add it back if you want to use it (pointer will act as an alias to the current .com address, you can also add it as a separate domain).

ttavirtu

Reaction score
Hello! I tried adding the x10host.com as a new domain, but an error kept popping up that said that it already exists, even though Domain Management only lists the paid domain. I also tried adding it as a domain pointer, but same error. I was able to solve this by renaming the domain to the default one. Waited for a few minutes and the website is accessible again. Thank you for your help!