Can't access the panel, can't log in through ftp, site displays blank page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

draekkoc

Reaction score
Title says it all. It's been weeks for some items, and days for the last one.

Also getting this error logging into the panel.

upload_2020-1-14_16-21-40.png

draekkoc

Reaction score
It's been going over a month for the login issues, for the site being down probably, still the migration has been going on for over a month now. That excuse works for a bit, but it's starting to wear thin.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you able to login if you go to https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222, note that you should then use the hosting username and not email, if you click the "quick ftp" on the sso page it should tell you the username if you are unsure what it is.

On ftp, what error are you getting, if any? Are you using the default ftp account or one you created? What are you using as hostname?

Assuming you try to access from the same IP as you posted here it is not blocked by firewall or anything like that which is a common cause for login issues.

As for the blank page, if your script is not fully up to date you may have to change the php version to an older one, default for all accounts are version 7.2, and some depreceted functions, such as mysql_connect for instance, has been removed from that version (if I'm not mistaken it was removed with 7.0 coming out).

Also you might want to check that database host is set as "localhost", that is currently the only option that will work.

draekkoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the update if i could of logged in i would have verified all of that. I get this from the link you provided
when trying to log into direct admin, 'Hmm, login details do not seem to be correct. Please try again.'

upload_2020-1-17_12-48-16.png

As for FTP i tried both but i couldn't verify any details since i can't log into the direct admin or the cpanel. They all fail validating passwords during login. Since i can't log into the administration tools i can't rectify anything.

For the rest i can't do anything if i can't log in.

draekkoc

Reaction score
I tried to reset the password again for the main account and still nothing. Now the whole server seems down.

draekkoc

Reaction score
6hrs later and the servers are still dead, can't log in at all to anything.

upload_2020-1-17_19-42-29.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, too many failed attempts does cause a blocked IP in the firewall, I have removed yours.

I also got confirmation from admin that resetting the password in sso does NOT sync to the servers right now.

What I'll do is go to DirectAdmin and set you a temporary password directly on the server and then send you a PM with the details which should allow you to login although not through sso page atm

draekkoc

Reaction score
Managed to get in now with the new password.

Is there is only regular FTP available is there a way to get something more secure to transfer files (scp, sftp, tls)?

Also all the file paths are wrong now. I edited my wordpress config but can't upload my edited sql file. The max file size for DB upload is 100MB but my DB was/is 160MB in size. Also phpadmin can't be accessed so i can't even manually edit the db.

draekkoc

Reaction score
This is what i see when trying to upload the modified db file.

upload_2020-1-18_20-14-28.png

Is there any way around this?

draekkoc

Reaction score
gzip'ed my sql file and was able to upload it but still not working. Seems like paths are still wrong. Not sure how to fix it now or even if the db is still usable.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What error, if any, do you get when going to phpMyAdmin?

If you use the server address as hostname in ftp you should be able to use TLS at least as there is a certificate for that address on the server.

draekkoc

Reaction score
upload_2020-1-19_5-10-6.png
i get the above when clicking on the phpmyadmin image link from mysql management page.

Doing login option from the database listed there i get the same.

Will try again with ftp later today.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Under "extra features" there's a link to phpmyadmin as well, and that one appears to work, although it will prompt for login details, which are the same as the login for DirectAdmin.

draekkoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it did indeed work, the database seems ok as far as i could check manually. I guess it comes down to the wrong paths encoded for the files for the site. I tried what seemed obvious but that didn't work so what should be the proper path to the domain files for the wordpress config file and database?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Proper path for the domain files would be like (if you use absolute path):
/home/username/domains/the_domain/public_html

If you are refering to the values for siteurl and home in the database, those should be your domain, like: http://the_domain/pathtoinstall

pathtoinstall is only needed if you have wordpress in a subfolder of the domain.

draekkoc

Reaction score
Thanks, i was referring to absolute path, now off to see if i can get that working.

Status
Not open for further replies.