Can't add mail accounts after domain name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
I just had my domain name changed (thanks!). I can't add any mail accounts because it's telling me I've used up my quota of three accounts (which was true with the old domain), even though it says it can't find any accounts.

This is probably my fault for deleting the old domain stuff the wrong way. I hope there is a quick and simple tweak somewhere to fix this.

Thx.

addozone

Reaction score
If the easiest solution is to just purge my account and have me re-add it and re-upload the content, I'm fine with that. That would also get rid of the old domain baggage (e.g., my username). The only requirement is that my current account be truly purged from the active server and directories without delay so that I can re-add a new version without running into errors like "that domain is already parked" and stuff like that. You have my approval to go ahead and purge without further messages back and forth if that works for you too. I have everything backed up.

Let me know...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try this again and see if what I just did resolved it? I made modifications to two files present on the account (cPanel generated files, not ones that you would've been recommended to mess with or that would affect your site) and it looks to have "re-synced" and now says no email accounts running.

addozone

Reaction score
Can you try this again and see if what I just did resolved it? I made modifications to two files present on the account (cPanel generated files, not ones that you would've been recommended to mess with or that would affect your site) and it looks to have "re-synced" and now says no email accounts running.
Looks like that did the trick! I'll try adding a couple of accounts this evening. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.