Can't login into x10Hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastech

Reaction score
Hi, I was about to login to the cPanel for my website, but it told "An error has occurred processing your request." I even had tried resetting the password for my account; unfortunately, it gave me a similar response. Likewise I could barely get access to my forum account here with yet another similar response to even post this thread. Between inaccessibility and the vanishing files from my domain earlier this year, I'm ready to give up on x10Hosting and look for a more competent host.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

mwigen

Reaction score
I am having the same issues. I am able to login to the forums, but not to my cPanel.

Also, I have had no reply from the support email.

nyodayma

Reaction score
Same for me, unable to access cPanel, I've been here for 3 weeks & never could I open the panel:

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://xo4.x10hosting.com:2083/login/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I'll also try to contact x10hosting, but if anyone has some advice..

planttes

Reaction score
Bump. I am having the same issue. On Chrome, the message is:

xo3.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

planttes

Reaction score
I don't know why but that definitely doesn't work either. Tried using Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Can't even FTP using Filezilla via xo3.x10hosting.com (Port 21)

Any ideas why?

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
xo3.x10hosting.com:2083 is working here in Australia, thus rules that out.

Either you're IP banned for what ever reason (you using a weird insecure wifi hotpsot etc?) or it's your end somewhere.

I'd reboot my computer and try again on the ISP I signed up with. (if possible).
I'm a free user as well, so don't take my input as gospel. :)

Last edited:

planttes

Reaction score
Thanks trying to help. I'm thinking it's the IP or company network (as I'm trying to do this from work). Tried going via a free proxy but they're all blacklisted by X10!

lylex10h

Reaction score
Don't use proxies (and possibly VPNs and free WiFi spots) to log in to x10. People use them for abuse reasons or get around country restrictions so they are pretty much all blocked (from what I've read and makes sense to me).

Under normal circumstances http://xo3.x10hosting.com should redirect to http://xo3.x10hosting.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi with a big SORRY! message.

You can check if your IP is blacklisted at https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check . Note that just because you are on a blacklist there does not mean you are blacklisted at x10. For example that site shows I'm on dnsbl.spfbl.net but I can still log in at https://xo7.x10hosting.com:2083/

planttes

Reaction score
I am able to login. Once logged in, I clicked "Login to cPanel". It tries to connect then fails 20 secs later with:

xo3.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
So the front site login works with your current IP ... which I guess means your x10 account is OK.

Home site login (104.24.22.72) and the back-end cPanel (198.91.81.3) are different IP's.

198.91.81.3 doesn't like you much for some reason. That'll be an admin thing :)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of workplaces (and schools) actually block connections on noncommon ports, cpanel port would count as a noncommon port in most cases.

If it was our security that for some reason blocked you (except if you ended up in our firewall perhaps) it would probably give a login error rather then page can not be reached for the cPanel login

@Livewire are you able to check the firewall just in case?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I sadly don't have access to the firewalls to be able to check into this; I'll ping a senior staff member to see if they can look into this further but I can't make any promises since I haven't a clue what it doesn't like.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: Turns out I was wrong, just didn't know how and got some learnin' in today :)

The good news is you aren't blocked in the firewalls or blocklists; the bad news is you aren't blocked on our end, which indicates this is a network issue. If it is indeed a work/school network, they most likely are blocking non-standard ports (meaning anything other than 80 and standard email); there's sadly not going to be a way around this as we can't force cPanel to work on port 80, and we can't set up exceptions to allow proxies to be used to access the account. The best we can recommend is working with the network admin to either set up exceptions for it, or to work from a home system that doesn't block the cPanel ports.

planttes

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming your end. I'll show my network admin this thread and see if he can be persuaded to make an exception in this case. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.