Can't login to cPanel! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexwire

Reaction score
Okay so here's what happened..

I logged on to my x10hosting account today to try and get into cPanel. I had recently changed my password about 3 times for my x10hosting account, so I think that may have something to do with it. Anyway, so i log into my x10hosting account. Then I click the blue "Access cPanel" button, which then takes me to a page where it says "The login is invalid".

So, for some reason it appears my cPanel password is different than my normal x10hosting one or something.. I tried the password that I used before changing it to my current one, and it works for about a second. It says "login successful. Redirecting..." but then it never redirects, it just stays on the same page and says "you must specify a username to login".

And i did specify a username too, it even says "Login successful" for like 2 seconds before not working.

Is there any way I could get my password reset for both my x10hosting AND cPanel reset and sent to my email or something? This is getting frustrating :/

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

/bump

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

PS. My domain is hexwire.x10.mx and my username is hexwire.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

PSS.. It also says this in my account settings: "Your password update is processing, thank you for your patience.". Does this have anything to do with it? Because it's been processing for the past 12 hours. :l

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
PSS.. It also says this in my account settings: "Your password update is processing, thank you for your patience.". Does this have anything to do with it? Because it's been processing for the past 12 hours. :l
Yes. If the password becomes out of sync with cPanel, then it is always best to reset the password as that brings cPanel back in a sync. It shouldn't be saying that for longer than 12 hours though. Please could you create a support ticket about this issue so it can be escalated. Thank you.

hexwire

Reaction score
Thanks! I did that and it worked. Now i'm having another problem though. I set up a small smf forum on this host.. for the past hour or so I've been adding sections and working on the site. After adding a section, I clicked to go back to the home page, but it automatically re-directed me to a page where it said this..

[h=1]"Resource Limit Hit![/h]
This site has exceeded its resource limits for the past hour, web traffic has been restricted. Limits are reset every hour, please try back shortly.[h=3]Common reasons for this error:[/h]
  • High resource usage scripts.
  • Poorly coded scripts.
  • Time to upgrade."

how can I fix this? :(

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

PS. I wasnt even doing anything that would take up a lot of resources, i was just adding sections. My buddy has a site that has lots of scripts and themes installed with his smf forum with x10 free hosting, but he's never had that error. What did I do wrong?

Sorry, I just need help with this last thing :(

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I can see your SMF forum fine. If you are still having issues, please clear your cache.

hexwire

Reaction score
Well that issue is resolved now, but just in case, what should i delete from my hosting account to prevent that from happening again? I have a directory called "OLDpublic_html" for some reason. But I installed the forum into just public_html. Could I delete OLDpublic_html or is it important?

Also, is it possible to change the domain name or no?

toolas16

Reaction score
cpanel in server stoli is error

Thank You for installing cPanel / WHM.

Este servidor atualmente não está licenciado. Contacte o administrador do servidor. Outros serviços disponíveis neste servidor tal como serviços web provavelmente estão funcionando normalmente. (License has a future date)

Once the license on this server is active, you will no longer see this message. If you have installed a license since loading this page, click here to reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.