can't see hidden files

beefanua

Reaction score
When I was originally setting up my 10x hosting account I did not know what was meant by hidden files I said I did not want to see them. Now I need to see the .htaccess file and it is not there. I could not see any button to show them again so I deleted my account waited 72 hours and then made a new one but this one has not asked me if I want to show the hidden files! What should I do?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

The "File Manager" button on cPanel already takes you to the file listing with hidden files shown. However, we do not create .htaccess files automatically. It looks like your account does not have a .htaccess file yet, so you would need to create one yourself. You can do this from the file manager by choosing "New File" in the top left. ;)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I said I did not want to see them. Now I need to see the .htaccess file and it is not there. I could not see any button to show them
just so you will know what to do next time...
using [ cPanel-x3 ] theme
close "FileManager" - near bottom of cPanel's Home (main) page - click on "Reset All Interface Settings" - then click on "FileManager" - then set 'check mark' for "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)" in the pop-up dialog box - then click on "Go"