Change e-mail address on account

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by spirit13, Mar 8, 2018.

1. spirit13

spirit13 New Member

Hello, I would like to know how I can change the e-mail address that is currently on my control panel account?

2. Anna

Anna I am just me Staff Member

You should be able to do it under settings once you have opened cPanel in the control panel at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

Just update "Contact email address" with the new email address and confirm with your current password, and click save. You should then recieve a confirmation email at the updated address.

3. spirit13

spirit13 New Member

Hello, thanks for the reply but there is no "Contact email address" option or any options relating to email.
    This is the only options have in the control panel.
    I also check under "Change name" and it wasn't there.
    [​IMG]

4. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member

Click the [Open cPanel] button and then click "Settings" in the top-right of cPanel.

5. spirit13

spirit13 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone but I have finally figured it out.

Turns out to change your hosting account email address you need to change it on the forums on the Contact Details page.

I guess it makes sense since hosting and forum accounts are linked but you'd think there's be an option in the hosting control panel too.

Suggestion for Admins: Make a page in the hosting control panel to change your email address and password, or at least put a link in the hosting control panel to the settings page on the forums.
    Note: I am not talking about cPanel when I say hosting control panel.