Change from x10hosting domain to own domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekodeng

Reaction score
Hi

I just join this hosting. At the beginning, i register with domain. sekodeng.x10hosting.com but now i want to change it with my own domain sekodeng.org. I already forward the nameserver to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Can u help me how to change the domain? thanx in advance;)

burnahb

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently did this by doing as you have done (ie changing the nameservers to x10's), and then logging into my account and changing my primary site to the url of my site, in my example 'grimeworld.co.uk' , also you shouldnt include the www part. You can log in to your accont to make this change at http://x10hosting.com/account

Mashy

Reaction score
Go to www.x10hosting.com and log in. Then, where it gives you the option to change your account details there should be something saying something to do with domains. You want to input what your new domain is, and follow anything else it says.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, once you have made this change to your primary domain, wait for the dns to refresh so you can view your website, (This may take 24-72 hours) So if your domain doesn't work right away, be patient.

sekodeng

Reaction score
thanx. last i did change to my domain. maybe b'cos i'm not click 'confirm hosting detail'. thanx everybody. now i'm waiting the dns to refresh

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Nameservers should set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, Once they are changed, login to

www.x10hosting.com/login and find the "Account Details" section, check the box to use your own domain and enter it there. Or,

you can "Park" it in the cPanel section of your website to keep your existing domain as your main one.

Status
Not open for further replies.