Change my Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
For legal reasons, I need to change my domain name from something.X10host.com to somethingelse.X10host.com. Is there a simple way to do this? I'm fine with adding a completely new domain and deleting the old one if that's the only option, but I don't want to run afoul of the multiple accounts rule and get banned.

I would like to change it from addozone.x10host.com to myxshare.x10host.com.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What is this and why is it posted as a response?
Likely a spammer.

I have changed your domain for you, this should be reflected in your control panel shortly. Remember to update any scripts you may have to reflect the change as well. Login username to forum and control panel remains what you had before.

addozone

Reaction score
Likely a spammer.

I have changed your domain for you, this should be reflected in your control panel shortly. Remember to update any scripts you may have to reflect the change as well. Login username to forum and control panel remains what you had before.
Thanks!

addozone

Reaction score
@Anna - so far so good, but I've come up against a few issues in the transition that I can't figure out how to resolve myself.

1. My root directory still carries the name of the old domain, e.g., it is /home/addozone/ and I need it to be /home/myxshare/. Is this something I can change myself? It seems to be read-only.

2. My userid is 'addozone' – how/where do I change that?

To save time for us both, let me ask these questions too:

- If the above two issues can't be resolved, would it be easier if I just deleted this website/account and started over again?

- If so, that's ok ... everything is backed up and ready to be imported. But if that is the best answer, will you give me the unlimited space on the new account so I can put everything in place without the usual waiting period delay?

All guidance and support is appreciated. Thx.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The username, and thus the path to your files, can't be changed the same way as a domain is changed. However the only one that would actually see those are you so it doesn't really matter to the visitors of your site.

Only way those will change is if you delete the current account and create a new one when the old is fully removed, there's a hold time of about 72 hours from your request cancellation in the control panel until it is actually terminated.

addozone

Reaction score
The username, and thus the path to your files, can't be changed the same way as a domain is changed. However the only one that would actually see those are you so it doesn't really matter to the visitors of your site.

Only way those will change is if you delete the current account and create a new one when the old is fully removed, there's a hold time of about 72 hours from your request cancellation in the control panel until it is actually terminated.
Ok, I'll see what I can do with the current setup. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.