Change of country

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishikhar

Reaction score
Hi,
I created an account while I was in Canada. But now that I'm back in US, I cannot access my account. I get the "Halt! Who goes there?" message.
Could an admin change my country from Canada to US, so that I can access it?
Thanks

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I am seeing several logins from both Canada and the US in the same hour from your account. Please could you explain this?

Thank you,

ishikhar

Reaction score
I wanted to access the cPanel which I can't here in NY, USA. So, I tried using proxies as that's the only way to do it. But that didn't work, so posted here requesting change of country.
You can check that this is my primary IP from NY, USA.
Thanks

mydigita

Reaction score
It is really strange that it cannot by itself change location. I have same problem.
Maybe I am really anywhere else for more than one month, but I need to log in at least once a month, but can not. Some other servers use confirmation email or email or only recaptcha.
Good luck to everyone.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The object is to prevent people from having somebody sign up for them in an allowed country (or signing up while travelling to an allowed country) then using the account from a blacklisted country, or from using proxies, with a secondary effect of making cross-border hacking harder.

mydigita

Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't work because anyone can use the VPN service, and there is no problem logging in from anywhere.
Rather, it is an obligation to use the VPN service, but is not a limitation to login.
This is a hidden advertisement for this service providers. And of course not nothing else.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The VPN services tend to become enumerated and blocked quickly.

mydigita

Reaction score
In short, you want to say that does not have any sense to do something here, because tomorrow it might all be blocked and destroyed?
Very strange attitude to the clients. Anyway, I'm not brave enough to begin do nothing here, if the attitude is such as it is now.
Good luck.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Taking fraud prevention seriously is not exactly a "strange attitude". The safety of the accounts belonging to people who are accessing the services according to the terms of service far outweighs the convenience of people who use prohibited access methods to get around security restrictions (including those related to legal trade embargoes).

Status
Not open for further replies.