Changes to my site

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I made a few adjustments to my site and I was hoping for a bit of feedback if possible. Any and all is welcome. You can, check it out HERE or there is a link in my sig. What do you think ??? Register if you would like if not thats cool to I just wanted a bit of feedback is all. :) :facesjump

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Great website :)

Well we can tell who keeps up with the latest technological news :p. I can also see from that poll that 5 others thing that the layout is great.

Keep it up! :)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. I have some tweaking left to do here and there but it is coming together nicely. :)

Cynical

Reaction score
Looks pretty good, though I would change the Joomla FavIcon. I am thinking about moving my site to Joomla.. I've tested it and I like it but its hard to get used to.

B

Brandon

It works for you? I get jibberish that looks like Gzip is enabled on the site but not on the server.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
@ Cynical: Thanks for the idea about the favicon I will do that. It is a bit hard to get used to but I`m managing ok so far I guess. I have been planning this change for awhile now but wanted to make sure it was all going to work before I went live.

@ Brandon: Are you talking about my site are you ? Do you have a screenshot of this jibberish you are seeing ?

B

Brandon

Geoff, Never Mind. In Opera I got weird "jibberish" but in IE it looks awsome. Nice work!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ok cool, I`ll have to download Opera and see what it looks like. I would like it to be compatible with all browsers if possible. Thanks for the feedback Brandon.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think I like the Mkportal and SMF forums much better then joomla.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Geoff said:
Oh really, why is that Phil ???
I'm not really sure? It just seemed like there was more to do there, I think it looked a lot better to. Like alot better then the joomla.

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
well the arcade is still there along with a new gallery, plus the photo lab forum we have has ALOT of awesome pics in it. The Tech news section has been improved, which you will find on the front page. Plus there is alot more to come.

I am bringing back the member map, well it never actually left but it is in development right now. So all this along with the great tech support, not only for Windows but now a little bit of linux to, makes this an ok site I would say. Thanks to x10 its fast and secure.

MKPortal is nice and they have done some good work but I found some parts of it did not work all the time. Thanks for your honest opinions and feedback, I always like to hear constructive critisism.

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Geoff said:
well the arcade is still there along with a new gallery, plus the photo lab forum we have has ALOT of awesome pics in it. The Tech news section has been improved, which you will find on the front page. Plus there is alot more to come.

I am bringing back the member map, well it never actually left but it is in development right now. So all this along with the great tech support, not only for Windows but now a little bit of linux to, makes this an ok site I would say. Thanks to x10 its fast and secure.

MKPortal is nice and they have done some good work but I found some parts of it did not work all the time. Thanks for your honest opinions and feedback, I always like to hear constructive critisism.
Whatever makes your site work better, and easyer is the way to go then :)

B

Brandon

Problem Solved, The default for Opera is to be identified as Opera. But if I change it to be identified as IE it works.