Cloudflare SSL not working properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkarakiz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using x10hosting now for a very long time and its by far one of my favourite hosting services. However I just signed up for a free hosting account and setup a ".com" domain with it. I'm now trying to get Cloudflare SSL working on it, but something isn't quite right.

It works but it doesn't?

I can browse the website but after clicking around a few links or I refresh the page, Cloudflare will throw an error saying "Error 525: SSL handshake failed". I have attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean. That error is popping up every 5 seconds.

If you'd like to see for yourself, the website is: https://funnydadgifts.com

Hope there is a solution,

Regards.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.29.33 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.29.33 am.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 15

lylex10h

Reaction score
A WhoIs shows funnydadgifts.com is still using x10Hosting nameservers. To use Cloudflare, you need to change your domain's nameservers to those listed in the DNS section of Cloudflare dashboard for funnydadfits.com . You change the nameservers at GoDaddy.

jkarakiz

Reaction score
A WhoIs shows funnydadgifts.com is still using x10Hosting nameservers. To use Cloudflare, you need to change your domain's nameservers to those listed in the DNS section of Cloudflare dashboard for funnydadfits.com . You change the nameservers at GoDaddy.

Hi,

I know its currently using the x10hosting nameservers. I reverted back until I came up with a solution to being able to fix it. When I originally made this post, I had the nameservers pointing to Cloudflare.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Were you using the flexible SSL (the free one)? Did you try with www. ?

jkarakiz

Reaction score
Were you using the flexible SSL (the free one)? Did you try with www. ?

I signed up for the free package on Cloudflare, yes. I tried it with www. also, same result. It works for about 5 seconds then reverts to that 525 error. Then I can refresh the page and it works for another 5 seconds. A soon as I start clicking links and navigating around the sites it triggers again.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Here are my settings:
SSL: Flexible
Edge Certificates: Hosts: kolbys.net, *.kolbys.net (2 hosts) | Type: Universal (Shared) | Certificates: 1
Always use HTTPS: On
HSTS: Disabled (There is a blue button for [Enable HSTS])
Min. TLS Ver.: TLS 1.0 (default)
Opportunistic Encryption: On
TLS 1.3: Enabled
Automatic HTTPS Rewrites: On

Then I have a Page Rule for:
If the URL matches: http://*kolbys.net/*
Then the settings are: SSL | Flexible

jkarakiz

Reaction score
Here are my settings:
SSL: Flexible
Edge Certificates: Hosts: kolbys.net, *.kolbys.net (2 hosts) | Type: Universal (Shared) | Certificates: 1
Always use HTTPS: On
HSTS: Disabled (There is a blue button for [Enable HSTS])
Min. TLS Ver.: TLS 1.0 (default)
Opportunistic Encryption: On
TLS 1.3: Enabled
Automatic HTTPS Rewrites: On

Then I have a Page Rule for:
If the URL matches: http://*kolbys.net/*
Then the settings are: SSL | Flexible

You're a legend mate! Copied your settings and now its working perfectly!! Thank you so much :)

funnydad

Reaction score
Okay so, it worked perfectly for about an hour, now I have another problem.

Chrome (and other browsers) are saying "Your connection is not private" followed by:

"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from funnydadgifts.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."

"NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Ughhh this is so temperamental to setup haha.. It was working PERFECTLY for an hour or so...

EDIT: Just realised I was logged into a different account when I wrote this.

Status
Not open for further replies.