CMOD 755 775

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Hi, my SMF goldcoastcb.com/forum/attachment folder needs to be at least 775, but it keeps reverting back to 755 in the cPanel file manger.
SMF's htaccess forbids scripts running from that folder.
Is it possible to have it 775 please?
Thank you,
Rodney.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I used a FTP client to change the permissions on a folder to 775 and so far they have stuck.
!!!NOTE!!! I have changed mine back for security reasons to 755 as this is NOT recommended.
See the Backend Security section of https://x10hosting.com/blog/wordpress-security/ for more info.
If your account gets compromised because of this, that is your fault.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Hi Lylex,

Reason I'm looking at 775 is because myself and member's (small hand full of local mates I know personally...no strangers) on my SMF forum can not upload photo attachments. (which worked on my last host, Zuver)

Using CoreFTP I originally did the same (755 to 775), and it looked like it stuck, but after checking the real folder status in the cPanel file manger, it was a false positive...didn't actually change.

I've trouble shooted everything I can, (checked the SMF website for tips) and can only see the issue being the CMOD 775 (excludes "group")

I understand the security risk. But SMF's htaccess forbids scripts running from that folder.

I wouldn't ask, but SMF installation is included in the x10Hosting cPanel.
Cheers,
Rodney.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Quick update: 775 is sticking today.
Thanks to the secret helpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.