Complaint

dsfreak

Reaction score
Ok, this is a complaint against the new line of staff. As I can see, many posts have been closed or deleted, when they really don't need to be. For instance, my Mobile gmail thread. It was closed because one staff member decided that everyone already knows about it, when not everyone does. Also, my most recent post, asking about donations, was deleted with no warning, and no PM as to why it was deleted, because, some people might have actually wanted to help me out, in exchange for something. I am not sure you can do anything about this, but if you can identify staff that are closing or deleteing things for little or no reason, then that would be great. Or, maybe, putting in a blocker that allows each staff member to close/delete say.... 30 posts a day. Or, at LEAST, making each staff member PM a user with specific, valid reason as to why the post/thread was "messed" with.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Now, I havent been deleting topic's but you can't blame it all on the new line of staff, Do you know for sure it was one of the new staff the deleted it?

Even though they did they probley had a valad resson to. But your right some topics get closed when they don't need to be but it happens...

Now about the donation post I dident do anything to it but i'm not even sure your allowed to post somthing like that asking for money.

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
I am not sure who deleted it, as it is total BULL S**T, because nobody told me why. I see no problem with asking for some donations in exchange for something, because, if people don't want to, they don't have to. Some may not know, but some people actually care about others, and might want to help others out, so removed, as people don't even have to read the god damn post, and they will never have to deal with it.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I never said you wernt allowed. I said I wasent sure, But Still you can't says the new line of staff did it. That was a litte direct and you don't have a clue who did it.

Like I said I don't know if you are allowed or not. Corey will finish this topic i'm sure.

I'm sorry your upset and i'm sorry I can't do anything about it :( .

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, as I just stated in a PM, I am only (partly) blaming the new staff because most of this didn't happen back before the new line of staff. This is what I can almost guarantee x10 SHOULD have done: x10 SHOULD have hired people that have been on the forums for awhile, and have many posts, because that would mean they know how the forum operates. x10 shouldn't have hired people that have been on the forum for half-a-month to a month, with under 150 posts, as that was a major mistake on x10's part. Now, I am not saying that all of the new staff isn't great, but x10 should have hired people with much experience on x10's forums..... Don't you see the logic in that?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know quite a bit about the x10 forums iv'e been active and I have been here for about 2 months +. (posted quite a bit)

Again sorry if it sounded like I was being a little harsh in my above posts. I don't know what happend to your donation post. Your best bet is to ask Corey about this.

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, no, that isn't my best bet. I want this to be public, and I want everyone to know how posts are being "shutdown" rapidly. Also, I didn't spot you as an example, because you have been here for awhile. I do not wish to spot staff member's names that I think shouldn't have been picked due to their lack of time here, but just know that there are some. What I really don't understand is with all of this activity in this complaint, the staff member refuses to PM me with why the did that..... which is odd, as I posted this the instant my post was deleted.

mattspec

Reaction score
i also have been having some problems with my posts being deleted in the client support forum (all of them happened to be helpful and then a mod deleted my post and said the same thing as me shorthand and closed them) i guess that isnt a really big problem, but it really helps for me to have those "helpful" posts, as i am trying to get recognized by staff so i can become mod here

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Mattspec, I havent deleted your posts But I do know that you do post a answer after it has alreddy been said once. Wich is spamming, and We try to keep from happaing that maybe the problem with why you post were deleted.

But I can't know for sure.

Matthews255

Reaction score
Mr. Brown, you cant be the only new mod, but your the only new mod thats posted, which is good and shows that you are active and true to the forum.

But in the past few days i have seen topics closed with "Everyone knows about this" but i didnt, i ended up googling the topic.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your donations thread was deleted for good reason. The new staff are just starting out so they are getting used to everything. It will be fine in a couple days :) Sorry for any inconvienece.

Woolie

Reaction score
I do think dsfreak has a point. Forums are meant to be open talking communicative places where people are allowed to post comments after posts, other than them just being closed because the original post has been answered. I'm not blaming anyone and do not wish to insult any of the staff. Just placing my point of view seeing as not many people are.

dsfreak

Reaction score
What reason might that be, Tyler? Thats's all that can be said is.... for a good reason? WHAT good reason?

Woolie, thanks for backing me up.

mattspec

Reaction score
Mr. Brownlove said:
Mattspec, I havent deleted your posts But I do know that you do post a answer after it has alreddy been said once. Wich is spamming, and We try to keep from happaing that maybe the problem with why you post were deleted.

But I can't know for sure.

oh thats why, i was wondering, ty for letting me know, i just open a bunch of tabs of unanswered problems and go one by one and answer them, perhaps some1 gets to them faster than i, tyvm for letting me know

oab

Reaction score
okay i can think of a reason why your donation post was deleted.

Because the money should go to x10! not you! If you are paying for service this doesnt apply but if your getting free hosting from x10 you cant expect to be able to post on their forums asking for donations when they are giving you free hosting, x10 should be the only people getting money from these forums!

NewFuture

Reaction score
dsfreak said:
Well, as I just stated in a PM, I am only (partly) blaming the new staff because most of this didn't happen back before the new line of staff. This is what I can almost guarantee x10 SHOULD have done: x10 SHOULD have hired people that have been on the forums for awhile, and have many posts, because that would mean they know how the forum operates. x10 shouldn't have hired people that have been on the forum for half-a-month to a month, with under 150 posts, as that was a major mistake on x10's part. Now, I am not saying that all of the new staff isn't great, but x10 should have hired people with much experience on x10's forums..... Don't you see the logic in that?

AGREEE!!! im not power hungry but i and alot of other have been on x10 for a years, me probably a year but, i was anoyed when new people who i had never even heard of (because im loyal to x10 and visit the site nearly evryday) turn up and become staff, even moderators! i also believe making your friends instant mods ect is wrong this is maybe what happened here, im not quiet too sure. i think posting is important im in 800 posts dsfreak is in 450's which are ample enough to show loyalty and we visit the site often.

I would eb anoyed if people started deleting my posts but i do think the donations post was deleting for a good reason, i hope x10 sees the msitakes

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
The people that were picked to be staff were picked for good reasons. Even if you have been here for awhile and are used to x10, things are a bit different when you become staff and you do have to get used to certain procedures and ways of doing things. They should be given a chance to at least get used to being staff before people start to shoot them down.

As for the posts being deleted. If they are they are for a good reason. Your right in the fact that you do have the right to know why it was deleted or closed, this should be done everytime a thread is locked or deleted, but like I said you have to let them get used to being staff before you start to complain about the quality of service you are getting.

I know its frusrtating but if you give it time it will all work out, you`ll see. I`m not getting down on anyone, I guess I`m just saying be patient.

komodolinux

Reaction score
well speaking of things happening.

i think that people should also be told why their account is being suspended. or contacted with an option of appeal. not just assuming they know why its suspended.

perhaps make the suspending script generate a pm to that person.

it may be they were very busy and werent aware they had taken 2 weeks to log in to cpanel. or it may be they put up a new site design and just forgot the ads. or as in one case. a person tried putting up a site in a language that wasnt acceptable.

or another possibility is that the suspended account subforum posts a return pm saying when a mod will process a request instead of people being left wondering if the mods have read it. perhaps the suspended accounts forum could be linked to an auto-generated receipt for this purpose. and say the receipt says it will take up to say 2 days to process the request.

as has been shown in introducing the script people have been suspended when they shouldnt be. so such simple suggestions could avoid tension where accounts are wrongfully suspended.

NewFuture

Reaction score
komodolinux said:
well speaking of things happening.

i think that people should also be told why their account is being suspended. or contacted with an option of appeal. not just assuming they know why its suspended.

perhaps make the suspending script generate a pm to that person.

it may be they were very busy and werent aware they had taken 2 weeks to log in to cpanel. or it may be they put up a new site design and just forgot the ads. or as in one case. a person tried putting up a site in a language that wasnt acceptable.

or another possibility is that the suspended account subforum posts a return pm saying when a mod will process a request instead of people being left wondering if the mods have read it. perhaps the suspended accounts forum could be linked to an auto-generated receipt for this purpose. and say the receipt says it will take up to say 2 days to process the request.

as has been shown in introducing the script people have been suspended when they shouldnt be. so such simple suggestions could avoid tension where accounts are wrongfully suspended.

i was discussing these with other members, when my account got suspended last week for some strange reason even though i login evryday, when posting a support request there were thousands of other members doing the same, i felt sorry for the poor mod who would have to search through them all checking why they had been suspended and users getting frustrated so a system needs to be divised where a pm is automaticly snet where the admin puts why your site has been suspended then at least you have a chance to put your site right, before posting in support, then when posting you could tell the mods why you have been suspended so they dont have to waste time

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
NewFuture said:
i was discussing these with other members, when my account got suspended last week for some strange reason even though i login evryday,
Ok, As said in at least 200 + post.. we had problems witht he system and it was suspending people for no resson. Soo there isent a point to send a pm when there was no resson for suspending.

I was able to go through the suspended account pritty fast and got most of it done in one night with other mods.

And also said, It's your job to stay updated your job to come to the forums your job to tell us when somthing has happend to your account. Not being mean or anything thats just how it is just informing every one again.