Current DirectAdmin sign in issues

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As a lot of you have noticed, when the "open cPanel" button is clicked in the account panel (https://x10hosting.com/sso/main) it has recently been redirecting to a failure message.

This does currently happens with all free account servers.

The reason for this is that we are in the final stages of switching over to the new system that will also allow us to open up for new accounts.

This which will launch very soon.

For now you can go directly to the respective server using https://x??.x10hosting.com:2222/ to login, (x?? is your server, like x11, x12, x13, x14, x15).

You can see what your server is on the SSO page, just click the "quick ftp" link to reveal information.

The ftp username as seen in the "quick ftp" information is the DirectAdmin login username, password should be the same as you use for the SSO page, but may not be true in all cases. If you have some special chars or if the password doesn't conform to what DA requires it may not have synchronized properly.

If the password you use for the SSO page fails you can try resetting it to one that follows DA guidelines using the forgotten password option: There needs to be both upper an lowercase letters as well as numbers, special chars that you can use are limited so it may be best to avoid those for now, I know that a - is safe though.

EDIT: Appears that the new system also have broken the password reset option. But I was informed that the switch will happen in the next few days, tentatively this weekend. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as this release has been worked on for over a year now and we are working as hard and fast as we can to get it online!

freedom5

Reaction score
As a lot of you have noticed, when the "open cPanel" button is clicked in the account panel (https://x10hosting.com/sso/main) it has recently been redirecting to a failure message.

This does currently happens with all free account servers.

The reason for this is that we are in the final stages of switching over to the new system that will also allow us to open up for new accounts.

This which will launch very soon.

For now you can go directly to the respective server using https://x??.x10hosting.com:2222/ to login, (x?? is your server, like x11, x12, x13, x14, x15).

You can see what your server is on the SSO page, just click the "quick ftp" link to reveal information.

The ftp username as seen in the "quick ftp" information is the DirectAdmin login username, password should be the same as you use for the SSO page, but may not be true in all cases. If you have some special chars or if the password doesn't conform to what DA requires it may not have synchronized properly.

If the password you use for the SSO page fails you can try resetting it to one that follows DA guidelines using the forgotten password option: There needs to be both upper an lowercase letters as well as numbers, special chars that you can use are limited so it may be best to avoid those for now, I know that a - is safe though.
Ahhhhhhh

rowdygir

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I tried to go in via the "direct/quick ftp" way (server 15), but keep getting the message that my login/password are not correct. Cleared cache, cookies, etc. Still didn't work. I'm using the username instead of the email address I normally use, and I know the password is correct. It has no special characters. Followed the instructions to reset password as above, but I still can't get into the cPanel to update my site, just into my account.

rmestati

Reaction score
same problem and i'm afraid that the no-login period could causes me to loose my website :/

houseofhal57

Reaction score
@Anna Hi Anna! I'm receiving the message "An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry" when attempting to logon via x10hosting. I tried the direct logon https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ but it doesn't like/recognize my credentials. If you recall, in the past you were very helpful to me at resolving this same error.

Note that I have not changed my password. (i.e. my password has more than alphanumeric chars, using both upper and lower case). I do have a "special" character in the password.

Usually this problem resolves itself in a day or so, but thus far it has been many days. I have no option to change my password and am extremely reluctant to do so even if I did.

Should this issue resolve itself by this (immediately after) Labor Day weekend? What about the stipulation that one looses access if you haven't logged in for a month?

Please help/advise. Thank you.

Hal

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
We're working on starting the new system up and will update everyone when that starts. we can troubleshoot any remaining issues once that happens.