Current Gas Prices

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The thing is, a lot of people are afraid to ride on Motorcycles, but that is a great way to save on gas, since they have small engines and they can get 100+ mpg.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Thankfully for some reason gas is going DOWN in my area. I've noticed the gas stations were selling gas for $3.40 a gallon now for Unleaded 87 octane, but now it's down to $3.32. Not much of a change, but it is a difference. Hopefully congress approves of Offshore drilling so that we can get more oil.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
About £1.15 - £1.20 over here depending on where you go. Absolutely diabolical lately, the prices have been rising at ridiculous amounts. It's people getting overly greedy, it needs to be regulated better. We English pay way to much for everything, because people are too stupid to compare prices of things. It's cheaper to import everything directly from China (including postage) normally. But it's ridiculous anyway.

-Luke.

kkenny

Reaction score
Haaah. $5.01 in California. It's so crazy I think I'm running everywhere instead of getting a ride now. They raise everything up that costs money. But then surprisingly enough, people are still loading out tons of money to fuel their cars. It's amazingly crazy. Like tnl2k7 said, the price is just ridiculous just because of supply and demand problems.

the issue I hate most about oil is of the offshore drilling. I mean the pacific shore is beautiful if you've never been to it, and why push global warming to go at a faster pace, and lose the beautiful view just so you can be a lazy bum and drive a car everywhere...

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
The station down my street sells oil for now $4.15. The price here is just as bad as the price in California.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Lucky for me, I live near a sea port (Ft. Lauderdale), so I have relatively good price at $4.10. If you go a bit north around Ft. Myers, you could get $4.00. Still, I feel bad about it. I think we are headed for the next great depression. If our new president is any better than the last one, life might get a little easier =(

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
The price for a barrel of oil has dropped nearly $15 dollars in the past three days. They say this may translate to a drop of nearly 40 cents per gallon in gas

It looks like people driving less is actually having an effect!

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Not to mention DOW and NASDAQ for anyone who watches the stocks have had a 2 day climb. Hopefully this keeps up!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Not to mention DOW and NASDAQ for anyone who watches the stocks have had a 2 day climb. Hopefully this keeps up!

Yeah I hope it does, but I imagine around winter-time the people in the north are going to be freezing to death with the cost of heating oil.. I imagine petroleum products will be even more expensive by then

Offshore drilling would be great so that we could at least have oil long enough to develop alternative technologies, but it looks like Pelosi isn't going to approve it.. time to write our congressmen!

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Alll people up north would have to do is use electricity.

kkenny

Reaction score
New Average around California... $4.70 T^T
Man, that's way too high. They say the barrel of oil prices better go down soon or we might hit $5.

Last edited: