Database host??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulstorm

Reaction score
I'm having problems installing Mybb on the server. What is the database host? I have tried and tried and can't figure it out.

wwfn

Reaction score
the database host is almost always localhost. I know i am not an admin but just thought i would help you out

Soulstorm

Reaction score
I get this:

Sorry, but we could not attach to the database name you specified. Are you sure its correct?

The error was:
Access denied for user: 'ssforum_mybb@localhost' to database 'mybb'

Richard

Reaction score
If you have not created a batabase through cPanel you need to do that first. Also the username and database name get a prifix added to them. So the database mybb would be called {my-cpanel-user-name}_mybb and a username would be {my-cpanel-user-name}_username

Soulstorm

Reaction score
I put in the prefix and I have a database built and everything. Can somebody help me please?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you add your user to the database.

-Corey

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Corey said:

-Corey

Thats a very good suggestion, If you dont add the main user to the database it wont work iether. Very good tip Corey :grin:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It took me like an hour to figure out how to actually connect to the databases with this host.

Make sure you create the database.

Create a new user account for that database, (if you haven't done that yet).

Make sure the user you have have made can access that database, (Change what users can use whatever databases in the cPanel mysql page).

When you put your info in whatever your doing with it, make sure you do:

Account: <cpanel name>_Username
Host: localhost
Database: <cpanel name>_Database Name

I just sumed that all up for you, even though some people above me have already said it.

Soulstorm

Reaction score
Alright thanks guys, I will try it as soon as my cpanel loads, its going really slow right now, and I'm using DSL.

Goten X

Reaction score
Corey said:

-Corey

When I made a database for my SMF forum last night it automaticly put my username for the prefix. It may have been because I put a _ at the end of it or somethin.

|GX

Status
Not open for further replies.