Database Restore Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmcmanu

Reaction score
I need my DB restored from your pre-migration activities. I have found that tables are missing as well as rows within others. My local restores will not work based on not being able to increase the max_allowed_packet in the DB. My site has been dead ever since your migration.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have grabbed an export of your database from the old server and transferred it to your account, it is in your root folder. If you need help restoring it let me know which of your databases you want it restored to.

trmcmanu

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt reply and yes can you attempt? WP915 was the primary database and where the data should be restored. The WP_A was my local attempt and can be removed or used for a dry run by you. You will see wp_config is empty and there should be 12 core WP tables that do not exist in the WP915 DB.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I did manage to get a copy up to wp_a database, though I did run into the same issue with max allowed packet. I found the exact row that was causing it so I modified that one. The affected row had to do with favicon. I'll have a word with those with better level of access then me about increasing that option as I suspect you may not be the only one that will run into it eventually.

I didn't touch the original database, but if you want you can change database settings in wp_config to reflect the other database details in order to check that all else looks right

trmcmanu

Reaction score
Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know if it works or I need more help.

trmcmanu

Reaction score
I changed the DB name but it wont connect. Do I need to alter the username and PW on the new DB or change any other settings?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
did you edit the wp_config file to match the renamed database?

trmcmanu

Reaction score
Yes. When the DB was restored, it was restored to a new DB name. I did change the name, but I don't think a user exists. In the DB admin console, the user count is listed as -1. I can access the DB through PHP admin, but I think I connection user is not configured

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you click the name of the database you should be able to add users (and change password for existing ones if needed)

Just got word back from admins that max_allowed_packet has now been increased on the new servers to match the old ones, so it shouldn't be a problem to restore to the correct database right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.