Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Maybe So

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

the mind

Reaction score
Where am I? Where is my mind? Sure, we all are made up of millions/billions of cells, but where is my mind? I am talking. NO! My MOUTH is talking. MY LIPS are moving. But where am I? My brain, of course thats it! But no, my brain is made up of cells too. Does each individual cell have a mind of its own? Maybe. But if so, how come I'm not schizophrenic? (well, maybe I am but thats just me :biggrin:)

So what if you get your finger crushed in the door of your car. You say: "OUCH!! MY FINGER!!!" and maybe a few other derogitory remarks. So its not you that got crushed, its your finger. Okay, so your finger isn't even close to your brain. Eyeball. Your eyeball gets slit by some sharp object. You are still here. You can't see, but YOUR eye is split. You are still here. You still EXIST. Your brain is hurting. I don't know from what, but it is (don't ask). Thats okay, YOU don't hurt. Your BRAIN hurts. So where are YOU? Where am I? Do we exist? Or are we like the internet?

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Good point, but i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Our brains are what make us different from any other animals. Porpoises are very close to our inteligence level (probably even higher than some of my friends...), but the thing that they lack is BRAIN. OUR MASSIVE BRAIN. they are intelligent and all but they still have a brain the size of a large walnut. Our brains are the size of a grapefruit (trimmed down a bit).

Ginogunther

Reaction score
We might exist, we might not. This puts a whole new perspective to how I look at things now! A whoooole new perspective. This is also true about Joker Boy's statements. How our brains make us different. I dunno. Could go either way.

boyboy

Reaction score
the mind said:
Where am I? Where is my mind? Sure, we all are made up of millions/billions of cells, but where is my mind? I am talking. NO! My MOUTH is talking. MY LIPS are moving. But where am I? My brain, of course thats it! But no, my brain is made up of cells too. Does each individual cell have a mind of its own? Maybe. But if so, how come I'm not schizophrenic? (well, maybe I am but thats just me :biggrin:)

So what if you get your finger crushed in the door of your car. You say: "OUCH!! MY FINGER!!!" and maybe a few other derogitory remarks. So its not you that got crushed, its your finger. Okay, so your finger isn't even close to your brain. Eyeball. Your eyeball gets slit by some sharp object. You are still here. You can't see, but YOUR eye is split. You are still here. You still EXIST. Your brain is hurting. I don't know from what, but it is (don't ask). Thats okay, YOU don't hurt. Your BRAIN hurts. So where are YOU? Where am I? Do we exist? Or are we like the internet?
can You tran.. to vietnamese?

EsotericSociety

Reaction score
Perhaps, perhaps not. Who knows? Everyone and everything could be just a figment of my imagination for all I know. Watch 'What the bleep do we know?', it is not necessarily about whether or not we actually exist, but it is definitely an eye-opener.:cool:

waster

Reaction score
the mind said:
Where am I? Where is my mind? Sure, we all are made up of millions/billions of cells, but where is my mind? I am talking. NO! My MOUTH is talking. MY LIPS are moving.

nice rhyme :p
where am i ? do u want the truth ,,, i dunno.. and i lost my mind :biggrin:

Joker Boy

Reaction score
haha nice. Is your refrigerator running? Cause you might wanna go catch it!

Nice rhyme...? wtf he didn't even rhyme foo!

waster

Reaction score
Joker Boy said:
haha nice. Is your refrigerator running? Cause you might wanna go catch it!

Nice rhyme...? wtf he didn't even rhyme foo!

lol ...

if he did rhyme or not... why you angry ? :D

Joker Boy

Reaction score
dude I was jk :drool:

So...do you think that WE exist? Not OUR BODIES, but US. Do WE? Do I? Do YOU even exist? at all? We are not talking about bodies here. not at all man.

waster

Reaction score
Joker Boy said:
dude I was jk :drool:

So...do you think that WE exist? Not OUR BODIES, but US. Do WE? Do I? Do YOU even exist? at all? We are not talking about bodies here. not at all man.

i know what you're talking about....
and yes we are exist... maybe i'm not :)
and our works will be exist.. but us .. i dunno

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Well, even if we exist what are we? are we just energy floating around out there until we get trapped in the human body?

waster

Reaction score
we are souls inside bodies... but what is soul? god knows!!!
nobody know what is soul till now...

we can't live with soul but without body
and we can't live with body without soul

if you know what is soul... please! tell me

Colin

Reaction score
We definitely exist. What ever point of view you come from (creation/evolution) we got here some how and we are not just figments of imaginations or whatever. Our brain's percieve us to exist so we exist.

Edit:: Soul is what makes you get up every morning and go about everyday life. Soul is what makes you love, hate fear. Soul is you, it is what you believe in, who you are. Your soul defines you.

Last edited:

waster

Reaction score
you're talking about.. how we know that we have soul... and what soul did with us... i asked about.. the materials of soul .. what soul contain ? something scientific

we were think that we love inside our heart.. but knew... we knew the brain who loves "scientific thing" .. not heart...

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Colin said:
Edit:: Soul is what makes you get up every morning and go about everyday life. Soul is what makes you love, hate fear. Soul is you, it is what you believe in, who you are. Your soul defines you.

But what defines soul? Gotcha.

Soul is probably just energy. You ever watched any supernatural shows lately? They always talk about monitoring the room's energy level and if they find a wormhole it is really hot or something. I dunno, but I am energy. E-N-E-R-G-Y. Pure energy. Pure pure pure pure enerererergy!!! :lockd::lockd:

waster

Reaction score
Soul is probably just energy?

did you drink Power Horse "Energy Drink" before you post this ? :p

Joker Boy

Reaction score
haha, good one. It is not physical energy, but more of a soul-like energy.