Delete Database from phpMyAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyagiz

Reaction score
Hi All

I have 2 databases.

One called information_schema was created using PHPrunner and I can see it using phpMyAdmin but I cannot see using MySql@databases.

The other one called test was created using MySql@databases which I can see using both MySql@databases and phpMyAdmin. This database can be deleted using MySql@databases.

The information_schema database cannot be deleted using phpMyAdmin when I tried the drop database sql query and the error is that drop database is not allowed. Please advise on how I should delete this database.

Also, why is it that I cannot create database using phpMyAdmin? It seems to be affecting my creating of database using PHPrunner. Is it something to do with the basic, intermediate and advanced php settings in accounts panel? Should I request for higher setting?

Please advise. Thanks.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I doubt the reason you can add a db via php admin is because of the php version, but I recommend you apply for intermediate to save you hassles in the future. The information_schema is a default db that all accounts come with. It holds the information for you databases. Please do not delete this database. It doesn't take away from the allowed db limit on your account.

miyagiz

Reaction score
Hi DefecTalisman

Many thanks for the reply.

I will try to apply for intermediate php access...

What will happen if I were to delete the information_schema database? I thought this database is created when I tried to use PHPrunner to connect to my x10hosting ftp? Also, I have this impression that with this database, somehow, PHPrunner cannot create another database on my x10 host, or maybe it is phpMyAdmin that blocks me from doing this?

Anyone got any advice on this...

Please Advice. Thanks. ;)

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The information_schema table is part of MySQL. It stores data on all of the other databases. It's not your database, and you cannot drop it.

You cannot create databases from within PHPMyAdmin. You need to create them through cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.