Disable mod_security

kittyca3

Reaction score
I get a 406 error (not acceptable) when posting too many links or javascript.

I found that these errors are caused by mod_security, and there is no mod_security setting in cPanel.

Forum Link: http://x.vu/kittywebsite

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. The settings are there to prevent abuse, and giving people tools to override the measures that have been put in place to keep them from using the Free Hosting servers for nefarious purposes is sort of defeating the purpose. Everybody knows that the restrictions are sometimes frustrating, but the alternative is to severely restrict the reach of Free Hosting (by cutting back to a very small handful of whitelisted countries) or to have the servers continually placed on blocklists and blacklists again, which spoils everybody's day.If there are particular rules that are causing problems for you (and no "mod_security in general" is not a particular rule) then post in the support forum and describe exactly what you are trying to do - rules can be modified if they're unreasonable. Postings can also be modified if the rules are reasonable.

hqforumx

Reaction score
I also get those errors I'm guessing only Corey can fix them, but he isn't active maybe busy. But we need those errors fixed asap I have MyBB forum too and i get these errors very often which can be pretty annoying.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A large part of that is due to trying to post many links at once (link farms are a thing, and negatively affect the server reputation) or trying to post JavaScript (that's design stuff and really should be getting uploaded through the back end, not posted to a web form). Again, the rules are there for a reason, and only those that can be shown to be overly aggressive are going to be relaxed.