Disk Space Policy Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That's part of the ongoing maintenance Corey had mentioned, it's already being worked on. There's just a lot of cleanup on Lotus in particular so it's not a particularly fast process :(

amresh_rai47

Reaction score
Really appreciated :)
This won't affect much as long as you are willing to increase the limit based on the contents/usage of the site. It's a better move than the CPU usage restriction on hourly basis. If that can be made daily/weekly basis then it would be great.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a better move than the CPU usage restriction on hourly basis. If that can be made daily/weekly basis then it would be great.

That's not going to happen -- no host can allow any user to essentially DOS the other users on the server for any appreciable length of time, and that's what going over the CPU limit does. There are only really three ways to mitigate the potential damage -- lower the number of users on the server or fix the resources available per user (both of those strategies are used in the paid hosting plans, with the fixed resources being an extra-cost option) or immediately shutting down resource hogs. Waiting a day or a week (or even an hour -- the reset interval is an hour, but the resource consumption check is a "right now" thing) isn't anything like reasonable.

kevinsanjose1364

Reaction score
any admin here? i have problem.. i bought premium hosting but the problem is my company account linked in gmail is not yet activated where in i didn't recieve any details of my account...

here is the email used:
unixadmin@mookito.net
domain: jestherkevin.x10.mx

my email add is now activated and ready to receive emails...
please resend info to my account

Transaction Details

Web Accept Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #6MU25357K6345852B)
Business Name:
x10Hosting (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
support@x10hosting.com

Total amount:
-$6.95 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$6.95 USD

Item amount:
$6.95 USD
Sales Tax:
$0.00 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:

Item Title:
x10Hosting, LLC - Invoice #29866
Date:
Nov 10, 2011
Time:
13:16:57 GMT+08:00
Completed

Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://x10hosting.com/
Customer Service Email: support@x10hosting.com
Customer Service Phone: 888-910-9668

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds

please resend info please

Last edited:

ballyweg52

Reaction score
I opened a support thread requesting the limit to be lifted, as I comply with all needed requirements. This thread now seems to be "resolved" and "closed" without any response to it, and my limit is still set to 1 GB (from which I am using 924 MB).

How long will it take for the support request to be acknowledged or does no response mean that the request has been denied? :confused:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Gimme a few minutes and I'll see if I can work on the request; looks like it just got missed with how many tickets come in daily.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be sorted, I'll see if it'll let me add a reply to the ticket even though it's listed as closed. My apologies it got missed, we're working on looking into ways to prevent tickets like that one from slipping through unanswered/unresolved, but it's still no excuse :(

tancop

Reaction score
I opened a support thread requesting the limit to be lifted, as I comply with all needed requirements. This thread now seems to be "resolved" and "closed" without any response to it, and my limit is still set to 1 GB (from which I am using 924 MB).

How long will it take for the support request to be acknowledged or does no response mean that the request has been denied? :confused:
I have exactly same situation.
My open support request now is closed after a week of expectation. :frown:
Info from cPanel 971.2 / 1024 Mb
Now I do not know whether to open a new support request? :confused:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll peek at yours too, looks to be same problem - too dern many tickets and it slipped through :(

ballyweg52

Reaction score
Thanks, Livewire! I completely understand. You must have quite a lot of things to go through. :)

romainm

Reaction score
Its a pity some people abuse and thus negatively affect everyone else.
Let this a message to all abusers!!!

gibonini12844

Reaction score
Which are high risk countries? Is Serbia risky?
Do I must to use 500mb with my web page? My web is small,but I hope that it will grow as time passing. Can I ask for more than 500mb latter? I am on free acc.
Sorry for all the questions, I am new in all,and sorry for my rusty english.

silverbird775

Reaction score
gibonini12844

This will answer your first question:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/useful-information/166022-country-restrictions.html

Yes, you will start with a 500mb for a starter but later when you'll manage to spend most of the space available you may ask in support forum to check your page and lift the limit. The forum elder will verify your site for a TOS compliance and if everything is okay and you have a valid reason to ask for a space and it have something to do with your site he will promote your account for 1G upgrade and with a second request, to unlimited space.

Follow the Terms Of Service, Check the announcements while visiting the forum and you'll find out it's a great free hosting really.

nflarc

Reaction score

How long will it take for the support request to be acknowledged or does no response mean that the request has been denied?

I have exactly same situation.
My open support request now is closed after a week of expectation. :frown:
Info from cPanel 971.2 / 1024 Mb
Now I do not know whether to open a new support request? :confused:

ditto :confused:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@tancop and nflarc - Create new support tickets. The current system does have it's flaws in that some tickets do get missed. There's only a handful of volunteers, and only a few of us have the access to removed your disk space restrictions. Couple that with the large number of tickets, and it can be hard to get to every support request.

Status
Not open for further replies.