DNS 'A Record', Parked domain in cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a domain name and the current set up is that the MX record points to my domain name provider's mail server, and the A record currently refers to another web host...
I would like to change the A Record's IP address to x10, and then (I guess... kinda new to all this!) add my domain to the list of Parked Domains? First day using cPanel and there are many options :eek4:
Also, is there any reason to keep both the www and public_html directories?

Congrats on being top of the www.free-webhosts.com list of free web hosts btw :)

Sharky :biggthump
Edit:
Ok, I pinged the x10hosting subdomain name I registered, and have changed the A record at 1&1 (my domain name provider) to point to that... I hope this is the right thing to do!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it right, let us know if it doesn't work.

-Corey

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, I've not done it right. That, or something has to be done to /etc/ips.remotedns ...

Comes up with an error from "park wrapper":

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 195.20.224.112,212.227.123.51 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Any advice?

Edit:

There's something on the account page to use own domain, however there is some kind of error so clicking on Confirm Domain doesn't do anything.

Line: 74
Char: 7
Error: 'null' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://x10hosting.com/account

Edit:
Hmm... 1and1 have finally finished updating the IP address, and it shows a "Your account is suspended" page.... (My account is not suspended :)) http://74.86.133.216/

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the domain? I'll manually add it for you.

-Corey

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
PM'd

Thanks again :)

Edit:

Excellent, sorted :D

Thanks, Corey :bowdown: If I'm ever in New Hampshire I owe you a pint... or two :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.