Do NOT attempt addon domain

longbich

Reaction score
My suggestion is that unless you are very competent do NOT add an addon domain to your account.
I have had nothing but hassles for a week or so.
I have lost my main domain <carolsupholstery.x10.mx>
It was my fault for clearing out my Browser cache with Control/ F5.
I have had my site up and running for over two years and was very pleased apart from a couple of minor hiccups with the Inactivity Rule which was easily resolved.

Then....oh then....I thought I'd "simply" add a family site as an addon domain.
From then on everything has gone. Literally gone.
The main domain has gone. I uploaded it again with FTP and it now seems to be in the File Manager inside the addon file.
The addon <smiths2010.co.cc> has never worked.
Each time I think I have it ready to go there's something else. DNS; clear cache; flush DNS; Redirect; Don't Redirect; point Name Servers......
The Ticket Fixit guys have tried to help but I think I'm just in such a tangled mess. I cannot get out.

My suggestion: Be happy with your main domain.
Now it's all gone.....aaaahhhhh!!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Your main domain's files should be uploaded to public_html, not your home directory, if you want them to show up on your website. You had all of your domain's files in your home directory, I moved them to public_html and now your site appears.

That said, it's up to you to fix your addon site to remove the extra files -- I'm not sure which ones you want or don't want in there so I don't want to do it for you.

Last edited:

longbich

Reaction score
Thank you Skizzer. I was chasing my tail. I think I tried that but my files seemed to go into a smiths2010 Folder.

I think I will take some of my own advice and go elsewhere to put up my family greetings page. It's just too hard for me.

What a great bloke.
Cheers Skizzer!

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Oh and Skizzerz all the files in the <carolsupholstery.x10.mx> belong there in the public_html.

There are no files anywhere that belong with the addon domain <smiths2010.co.cc> except maybe for that second folder from the top.The blue folder called smiths2010.co.cc.
When I open it the files are all the same as the ones in the public_html folder. Not one addon domain file remains anywhere.

Seeing as how my main domain is working again, thanks to you, I think it may be best for me to leave well enough alone.

Thanks again Skizzerz.
longbich

wifiber

Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

I'm sorry but..... LOL
rofl.gif

Phone support summed up. :tongue:

Anyways, I noticed that you are using a .co.cc domain, which is okay... But just so you know, .co.cc domains are completely blacklisted by Google and other search engines, so unless you expect only direct traffic, you might want to get a different domain type. :/