DO NOT Post About Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the continued service excellence. I am loving the look of what is going on (not so much the fact that I dont even get an error message when trying to access any data via browser right now though).

The cPanel says cossacks and the server load shows 4 CPUS. I must admit this though this is the 1st down time I have had in my short history at x10 and I really thought I would never see the day.

All good things take time and that is the one thing that everyone in this world has to give.

Thanks again.

morpheus302

Reaction score
thank you very much because i really begun to have some doubts but now i'm reassured.

kemraj

Reaction score
OK thats great wow but will that cause my forum to now show up because mines is not showing up cheers

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your site will come up as soon as it is ready to. :D

Like they said...MOST LIKELY everything will be back to normal...but a hell of a lot faster...sometime today...

If it's critical...U should prob check on it hourly...but again, that's like watching a pot of water on the stove...it won't boil any faster!

kemraj

Reaction score
Yea i'm checking like every 10mins so lol, i lose alot of productivity on my site when this happen buts its all for the good hope it comes up back soon.

kemraj

Reaction score
Its been 1 hold day since my website is down lol i will get some anger from my members, hope everything goes alright with the move

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I was down for a little over a day...Server issues are a given in this industry...and there's no GOOD time to do a major upgrade...peeps are on the computer 24-7...

I have noticed an ENORMOUS increase in the speed since the upgrade...I'm sure U'll be back on soon.

Josh

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Speed is there, page is there now in the browser, just php GD doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry, error is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imageftbbox() in ...

Also noticing some error in cPanel:
The bars that are used to show how many of soemthing you have running on the left hand side are funky. The bar is not in the little frame, its going over the text.

Last edited:

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
glad UR page is up now...

Other than the definition of PHP...I know nothing about it. :| someone can help U soon I'm sure...

Have U searched the existing threads for keywords like "PHP" "Fatal error" "imageftbbox"? There might be an answer already on here somewhere.

Josh

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The only thread that comes up is this one thanks to you and me mentioning it !
Edit:
Also my bandwidth shows as 0% again ?
Edit:
Also regarding the php error. I have checked over the code for the script and all seems the same (nothing changed in the move). The function is a standard php function from what I recall and worked fine before the server move. I am on php version 2 (still worked on php v1), its not a major train smash. Just an observation that no doubt will come right in the days to come.

Last edited:

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I wish I could help U...idk the 1st thing about it...maybe U can do a Google search...I'm sure that error message ISN'T exclusive to this site.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It wouldn't be exclusive to anything. The function is a standard php function to get the bounding box of a text string. It returns an array of dimmensions.

eg:
PHP:
<?php
$bbox = imageftbbox($font_size, $font_angel, $font, $text_string, array('linespacing' => 1));

/* The array returns these :
		 *	0 lower left corner, X position 
		 *	1 lower left corner, Y position 
		 *	2 lower right corner, X position 
		 *	3 lower right corner, Y position 
		 *	4 upper right corner, X position 
		 *	5 upper right corner, Y position 
		 *	6 upper left corner, X position 
		 *	7 upper left corner, Y position 
*/
?>

Looking around this was standard as of version 4.0.7 and up. Would really be great to see a phpinfo() page. Maybe there could just be a link to it from the cPanel or a screen scrape from it there, so we can see if functions are installed and running the right versions.

Last edited:

missy

Reaction score
thanks you x10 you'Re the best!! :D i apreciate this so much its give a full webhosting for free. much as we want :D thanks.

ampdt

Reaction score
thanx corey for the email, much appreciated, good luck with the upgrading.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Good work, all seem to be ok, apart from the fact that some data has been lost in database.

As far as I can tell anything posted on forum after the 16th is gone. Nothing alarming and I know its up to me to make backups, but all data was there last night, but not this morning, so I'm guessing an earlier copy of database was moved over before the rest of the site was moved.

Will there be a more recent database copy moved over or should I just accept the fact that I should have made a backup yesterday?

Roleplay Heaven

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with the Exim? First, I don't even know what that is, but it is showing up as offline and I am getting a 'server not found' message when entering in my site address. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.